i cannot bend without hitting the top string above it!!!! how d i do it?? cuz im working on solos, which i can pull if it wasnt for bending!!

im also having trouble bend lets say... 12 on the b and 14 on the g...i always mute it with the lower string finger..

how do i bend?? how do i bend GOOD?? please help!!!
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
Practice...
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
if i bend down, it goes off the neck...im bending the lower strings...the higher sounding, lower on the neck...and i cant get that same sound bewnding down cuz it goes too far then goes off the neck and makes a weird noise...

and yeah, i know practice...but tehres gotta be a certain way to do it...i dont wanna practice something thats not right and never get it accomplished...
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
i don't get the problem? When you bend you almost always bend the string higher then it. If you mean you're going to use the higher string, then just move down a position or two. If your already as high as you can go on the neck, then play the other note as a bend as well. Lastly, you can practice bending then releasing the bend as you slide a fret or two. Not exactly the same, but it would achieve your purpose.
If you bend a note, it is inevitable that you bend the string above it. But, you have to make sure that your finger is touching the "other" string with the left hand so it does not sound. Does that help?
Michael Ferris
ferrisguitar.com