Forever i've been talking about it, and even made mild attempts, but now I'm gonna do it for serious. I want one really bad, but mine isn't going to be crap. I'm gonna put the good elements that has been missing in ska. I'll make it fun again.

Where should I start looking for members? Especially horns.
I'm gonna ask my skinhead friend to start a ska band next time I see him, 'cause I know he plays bass and likes ska.

I'm thinking of buying a tonewheel organ box for the purpose of playing ska, but until then I can use cheap software imitations. (I'm also going to rent the tonewheel box I saw at the store to find out how accurately it reproduces the oldschool tonewheel sound before I buy it)
I don't know how old you are, but if you're in high school or college, talk to the kids in the band. If you have a large band, as most colleges do, someone there is bound to like ska.

*Edit:That's like the marching band, just to clarify.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Last edited by I_Pwn at Nov 17, 2007,
I started a ska band too and we got our trumpet player from our school band.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Last edited by RizzoWashburn at Nov 17, 2007,
Ska is one of those genres that it is really hard to be good.

Most modern ska bands (there's a lot of them around) fall between mediocre and really ****. So I say try to incorporate different styles/instruments to your sound to make you stand out above the rest.
If you use a single downstroke or an iota of distortion I will hunt you down and kill you.

kthanxbye
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
If you use a single downstroke or an iota of distortion I will hunt you down and kill you.

kthanxbye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGDQ85Dg-ss
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Unfortunatly, my ska band does a lot of 3rd wave covers seeing as most of the members are 3rd wave fans. However, we do play a lot of Specials and Madness covers
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by Chaise Boogie
but mine isn't going to be crap.

Then how are you going to be a ska band?
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
All's I'm saying, is mine will fall somewhere between Good and Amazing. There is no opportunity for anything less.