Tool is progressive metal? They're certainly progressive something, but they have no heavily distorted guitars or any kind of vocals that can be thought of as "metal", and their drumming doesn't really fit as metal either.

Anyways, while Tool is an awesome band, Opeth reigns supreme.
I'm a communist. Really.
Jesus is actually john frusciante.have you taken a good look at him?!its undeniable.

(jk)
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Why does God need to be in a progressive metal band. Why does God need to be in a metal band? Heck, why does God even need to be in a band? I say if he/she's happy, leave him be
Quote by Joey-Tribiani
Jesus is actually john frusciante.have you taken a good look at him?!its undeniable.

(jk)

actually its the dude from the beegees...

the one on the right... so jesus would be in the beegees... or... is in the beegees....
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by kiennM
opeth are massively over-rated as well.

No... you are just massively not a fan of great music.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by hethamulburton

No, i like lots of great music. Your just massively offended by people having a different opinion than your's. I dont like tomatoes either, does this upset you as well?
Quote by hethamulburton

God = 1/(opeth) as opeth approaches infinity, so therefore God is divergent, and Opeth is infinite.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
I'm pretty sure Jesus plays for DT

"You cant fight in here, this is the war room!"
You're all idiots.

Tool and Opeth are my favourite bands among any other band.

They are different. Stop comparing them.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by Joey-Tribiani

(jk)

no.. (60s) Eric Clapton is Jesus.. take a good look at HIM
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
LMAO at the pic of Petrucci Jesus! I agree with that, he would be in dream theater.
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

Jesus would be in the band "Dream Theater"--was there seriously a need for this thread when the answer is so bloody obvious.
If God were in a progressive band rehearsal, he would be rejected by Between the Buried and Me because they are too awesome for God himself.