okay, to keep me going until i get a new guitar, I've bought a Seymour Duncan SH-13 dimebucker pickup for my pooey guitar.

In all likeliness, I'll chuck it on my new guitar when i buy it sometime june 2008, but for now: how do I put it all together, I'm not totally familiar with this stuff.

My pooey guitar is just a basic strat copy.

Thanks, Dorks
what pickup and selector layout do you have. is it routed for 2 single coil and a humbucker in the bridge or is it 3 single coil pickups
Last edited by mitchp420 at Nov 18, 2007,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Wow. You went and bought it anyway. Good luck with that muddy tone.

All diagrams will be on seymourduncan.com, OBVIOUSLY.
There's more at guitarelectronics.co, if you need it.

Since you're probably soldering inept, here:
http://geofex.com/Article_Folders/how_to_solder.htm

haha, I'm 16- I'm also maturity inept and tolerance inept (with regard to arseholes).

but thanks for the links and info, thath helps, and I've played on a dimebucker before, I liked it.
oh, hai, btw, I came here to learn..... I'm 16....... don't expect me to nigh but quote an article i read, and unconfidently assume it to be correct.

Is insulting people and being so condascending allowed on ultimate-guitar.com forums?
Quote by kurbo
oh, hai, btw, I came here to learn..... I'm 16....... don't expect me to nigh but quote an article i read, and unconfidently assume it to be correct.

Is insulting people and being so condascending allowed on ultimate-guitar.com forums?

If you weren't such a jerk and actually listened to some sort of advice that people gave you, then maybe you wouldn't receive such treatment.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
haha you're silly- i just said I'm here to learn, and explained to you that these literary mannerisms are light-hearted, taken in offense only by (insert arbitrary swearword)s.

but as i asked, is this treatment allowed on ultimate-guitar.com?

and hey, you're from australia, don't be so silly- oh, wait, you're a queenslander.....

just joking!!!!!

read my other thread on installing a decent pickup in a crappy guitar. read objectively and intelligently.

don't be like the yanks, buddy, you're too good.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Just because you're 16 doesn't mean you have a right to be an ass, or ignorant. I was reading up on this stuff, and learning how to do it when I was around your age.

You're not vindicated because of your age; you're just an asshole.

do you feel good? godlike? aroused by your condascending attitude to a child?

blow it out your arse, mate, I'll ask questions to decent people who aren't obviously pumped with more testosterone and ego than they are with talent or intelligence.

Anyway, you seem a very good judge of character, yet you've thus far avoided suicide- nice contradiction dickhead.

back to MY QUESTION:

what complications could come in installation, I don't actually want the other three original pickups, they're gone, so can someone give me the general gist of installing it? Also keep in mind it'll be in another guitar in a few months, 7 or 8.

thanks guys
Last edited by kurbo at Nov 20, 2007,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Just because you're 16 doesn't mean you have a right to be an ass, or ignorant. I was reading up on this stuff, and learning how to do it when I was around your age.

You're not vindicated because of your age; you're just an asshole.

Haha, i'm 16

Get a tech to do it. If you can't solder then you'll screw it up royally.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
solution: ****ing stab the pickup with your soldering iron.

Quote by kurbo

well... you obviously didn't learn.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by kurbo
blow it out your arse, mate, I'll ask questions to decent people who aren't obviously pumped with more testosterone and ego than they are with talent or intelligence.

Hah. Good one. I'm actually a very patient person, who is MORE than willing to help anyone who asks for it politely, sir.

It's not a condescending attitude, trust me. I have no intention of making you feel more stupid than you type. Or making you look more stupid. I'm only calling you an asshat because you are one.

You're 16, you're not a child anymore - stop acting like one.
I'm only a few years older than you..Just keep that in mind.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Nov 20, 2007,
Quote by MrCarrot
Haha, i'm 16

Get a tech to do it. If you can't solder then you'll screw it up royally.

Don't worry, I;ve some experience with soldering, I should manage, if not I'll get a more able friend to help or something.

Quote by MrCarrot
solution: ****ing stab the pickup with your soldering iron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurbo

well... you obviously didn't learn.

Oh, hey, old mate ECisthebest must be on his rags, or, admitting defeat inadvertenty, bites one last time, this time MORE than 98% groundlessly. Silly little boy who is older than me but is still a deluded arse .... naughty, naughty people.

Suggestion: some administrator or someone to the same effect should delete this thread.
You don't deserve a thread. What you do deserve however, is a warning.

Have a nice day.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure