okay, I shall begin at the beginning(name that quote, fools!):

This is pretty simple- putting stickers on the body- any special way to perfectly place them and keep them looking pretty in a year's time?

secondly:

I am getting a friend to draw some simple artwork for the pickguard, swirly lines and stuff, and I wanted to know of a paint/stye of paint that will not go cruddy over time, and is able to be applied fairly easily.
Think swirls and flames, all in one colour, just the outlines, that's what I'm doing.

The question: do you have a good idea for applying a sketch on paper, or even drawn straight ON to the pickguard, so that I can paint over the lines easily?

thanks, poodle-breaths
Im a Painter and Decorator, well.......was.

Like Guitarcrazy said, use Acrylic paint for the swirls n stuff but to protect them for the future apply two coats of clear drying varnish my friend.
My gear.

ESP LTD EC 2005.

KH 202.

Line 6, Spider 212.

ESP Eclipse l CTM.
Quote by kurbo
... I am getting a friend to draw some simple artwork for the pickguard, swirly lines and stuff, and I wanted to know of a paint/stye of paint that will not go cruddy over time, and is able to be applied fairly easily.
Think swirls and flames, all in one colour, just the outlines, that's what I'm doing.

Based on my mods, for best results, make sure to use

I understand/read that this type of paint bonds with the plastic on a molecular level. I imagine it'll provide superior results compared to regular Acrylic.
Quote by kurbo
... The question: do you have a good idea for applying a sketch on paper, or even drawn straight ON to the pickguard, so that I can paint over the lines easily?

thanks, poodle-breaths

Stencils or masking tape ... make sure to cut in 2 passes instead of 1, so the blade doesn't mar the plastic. Patience is key.

Good Luck!

thanks heaps guys!!!

this is the sort of info i wanted, i've been looking at almost al the ones you've mentioned