Page 1 of 2
Not really.

... but what if she was?

Would you want Charles to become King? Or William? Or would you prefer that the monarchy ends with Queen Elizabeth II?

(this is for the British people here)
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
I'm American, but I'd say the monarchy should call it quits.
I say end it.

Maybe that will stop all the ignorant British people thinking New Zealand is owned by England just because we have the same queen.

I get that so much.
Quote by 7daycrisis
I say end it.

Maybe that will stop all the ignorant British people thinking New Zealand is owned by England just because we have the same queen.

I get that so much.

You mean it's NOT

I actually had no Idea people thought that, thats kinda odd.
Quote by garrett5
How much power does the monarchy even have anymore?

Its not so much that she has power, its more that she is an unelected sponger.

her 2 birthdays a year are payed with with taxpayers money, as are her servants and living costs and those of her family.

i say the monarchy ends with liz. william isnt cut out to be a king harry is a twat and charles is... welll... charles.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
I honestly wouldn't care.

They (the royal family) bring in a lot of money through tourism but also take a lot in return. I don't know which is the greater amount but dont feel it would make too big of a difference, if any, to the country either way.

To be honest though I do think we should do away with 'God save the Queen' as the English national anthem and, at worst, use 'Land of hope and glory' instead.

Quote by 7daycrisis
I say end it.

I get that so much.

Really? We share the same Queen? (yeah i know you wouldn't write it for the sake of it)

Our Queen is your Queen... but we don't own you? Ok so apparently i'm an ignorent Brit(sorry!) but how does that work?
"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python appreciation society"
Last edited by Jeff's_retro_70 at Nov 17, 2007,
These days the Royal Family is pretty much irrelevant, so yeah, rack off.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
The monarchy is composed of a bunch of figure heads.
See no reason to end it. See no reason to care if Charles or William become king.
Would that mean Everyone in the Commonwealth would need to print new money?

Canada just got new money and it's falling apart, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad

I think it would be hilarious if the Monarchy was abolished, and Taxed like it's going out of style to get your country's money back.

but what do I know...................
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
i have to say i would prefer the inbred royals to the inbred warmongering cvnt of a president america has as head of state.
A sponger is someone who lives off someone else for nothing in return.

Like remember in The Simpsons when Otto gets called a sponge by Homer? Yeah.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Quote by BenFoffenbock
These days the Royal Family is pretty much irrelevant, so yeah, rack off.

Hate to tell you but aus and new zea..whatever (whats the point in even naming that country), are both irrelevant in the world. . We put you at the arsehole of civilization for a reason!.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
i have to say i would prefer the inbred royals to the inbred warmongering cvnt of a president america has as head of state.

Oh God, here it comes.

Remember the Battle of Britain? Yeah, that was funny.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
Hate to tell you but aus and new zea..whatever (whats the point in even naming that country), are both irrelevant in the world. . We put you at the arsehole of civilization for a reason!.

Well judging from your Zealand-dissing tendencies you're probably Australian, so I'm just gonna say good luck with finding water and everything, maybe NZ will let you have some of theirs - but before it's sent over we'll piss in it cause you'll be used to the taste .
Quote by kriscornella2@g

Quote by civildp1

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Quote by BenFoffenbock
Well judging from your Zealand-dissing tendencies you're probably Australian, so I'm just gonna say good luck with finding water and everything, maybe NZ will let you have some of theirs - but before it's sent over we'll piss in it cause you'll be used to the taste .

Sooner or Later everyone will want Canada's Water, so quit bickering or i'll lace it with smallpox
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by garrett5
How much power does the monarchy even have anymore?

how much brainpower does george w. bush have?

its not about power, its about tradition. they forfeited power a while ago (?)

im not british, but technically because my mother was born in england (and is half welsh), im legally obliged to be loyal.

i say keep with tradition, many british folk respect the monarchy, some are even devotees of sorts.

prince charles (of wales) is most welcome to take over

Quote by kriscornella2@g

inactuallity, new zealanders are well respected.

lets take the Maori Battalion in WW2 for example, whilst posted in south africa, they were unbeatable

Adolf Hitler's 2nd in command was quoted in saying to Adolf. "Give me New Zealands Maori Battalion, and I'll give you the world"
Last edited by beau05 at Nov 17, 2007,
replace the royal family with the Royle family

♥ ♥

Newfags can't Loveforce.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Yamaha Pacifica
Peavey JD acoustic
Vox AC30VT
I couldn't care less if i'm honest with you.

I mean, they keep people happy when they visit them or invite them to tea parties on certain celebrations. I also think the queen has to sign on the dotted line when new laws are introduced, I don't know if she still does that.
It'd be wierd not having a monarchy.

I'd prefer William to be king rather than Charles, his ears annoy me.
Quote by robertreilly666

her 2 birthdays a year are payed with with taxpayers money, as are her servants and living costs and those of her family.

i say the monarchy ends with liz. william isnt cut out to be a king harry is a twat and charles is... welll... charles.

Then again, the Royal family do own like all the public parks in London... you know if they were just owned by whoever else they would've been made into office buildings or some other **** a long long time ago.

Quote by 7daycrisis
I say end it.

I get that so much.

It sounds like people bait you and you bite. Nobody seriously believes that, they're just pulling your gammy leg.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
I'm Australian, but for some reason she's still our Queen as well.

I think the monarchy should end. The Queen has never actually done anything for anybody, but she lives in a palace and is one of the richest people in the world. Can't say that's fair.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
I'm Australian, but for some reason she's still our Queen as well.

I think the monarchy should end. The Queen has never actually done anything for anybody, but she lives in a palace and is one of the richest people in the world. Can't say that's fair.

She's nowhere near being one of the richest people in the world.

She's many hundreds of millions away from being the richest person in Britain, even.
Quote by GlamSpam

the queen does actually have a LOT of political power, but doesn't use a lot of it. she has the last say in approving of and dismissing the government, though she normally just goes through the motions. the queen technically has absolute control over the armed forces, and has to approve of any war the UK enters. she also meets with the prime minister every week and talks about the progress of the country, and meets other heads of state- actually quite important in fostering good relations between countries. having said this, a lot of these powers are purely ceremonial and could be replaced by a civil servant. i think the current queen should serve until death, and the system should then be abolished.
Quote by suffer some

She's many hundreds of millions away from being the richest person in Britain, even.

She is when you compare her with most people.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by suffer some

she actually has a right to all the land in Britain, if she so wished she could own all of Britain, which make sher potentially the richest person in the world, so in terms of assets she is bloody rich

but yea i want Prince William

hopefully he'd push for legalalisation of weed
lol @ the people complaining about the Queen sponging off taxes, she does more for the tourism in this country than any other person, the monarchy puts faaaar more money back into the British economy than almost any other organisation.

I'm also pretty sure that all the scum sponging off benefits use more taxpayers money, and they most definetly don't put back into the country.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
I'm actually fairly sure the Queen has the right to overrule whatever the government does that she doesn't like, she just never does. It's not like we have a choice who becomes king when Elizabeth dies anyway. Personally, I'm happy enough with having a monarchy, it's good for tourism, gives something of a national identity and I can't be arsed with new money.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by 7daycrisis
I say end it.

I get that so much.

Seriously... we don't think that. Everyone in Britain knows New Zealand was merely an after thought during our reign. Anyway you should be thankful to call her your Queen, privilged that you have such close ties to a glorious nation and indebted to that very Queen's ancestors that turned your strip of land into something that resembles a country.

QED.
Quote by SeannT
Seriously... we don't think that. Everyone in Britain knows New Zealand was merely an after thought during our reign. Anyway you should be thankful to call her your Queen, privilged that you have such close ties to a glorious nation and indebted to that very Queen's ancestors that turned your strip of land into something that resembles a country.

QED.

Warning, Warning, people with no sense of humour may take offense at above comment
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by wiggy1988
Warning, Warning, people with no sense of humour may take offense at above comment

All 14 New Zeleanders?
Quote by robertreilly666

You do know that until last year, the Royal Family actually made more money for the UK than they spent, don't you? Didn't think so.

I, however, am opposed to the Royal Family. I think the whole idea is redundant.

Although, who would be next in line is not an issue. It would be Charles.

(for the record, don't get me started, I'm a Constitutional Law buff)
Terms and Conditions apply.
Royal Family = useless? Yes. Get fecking rid.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
I'm all for keeping traditions, especially in a nation like Britain that is rich in history like no other. Who cares if the Monarchy are a bit of a characeture of themselves or merely a novelty. By keeping them, we pay hommage to everything their ancestors did for us and the world
Page 1 of 2