Page 1 of 2
ok. So I am very super extra NOT new to the game of FFX, but I have encountered a very n00bish problem. I CAN'T BEAT MACALANIA CLOISTER OF TRIALS!! Now under normal circumstances I think this would be very easy, and I would remember how to do it from my many previous games, but it's not happening. I keep ****ing up. I have tried countless walktroughs, but they are all from the same source, which is a poorly written, highly unclear walktrough.

so anyways, someone tell me (with mostly proper grammar and spelling, not like the douche who wrote the walkthrough) how to get 'er done?
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Yeah they can be annoying..
I know how to do it but I can't remember exactly how unless I have the game in front of me.
Maybe if you describe the exact bit you are on?
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
Ah **** lol this part pissed me the **** off lol, Is this the thunder lookin one?
Quote by krymson
Ah **** lol this part pissed me the **** off lol, Is this the thunder lookin one?

nah, that's Djose. This is the icy one

ok, so I try and whatnot, but I always end up with not enough Macalania spheres to complete the ice bridge
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

I used a walkthrough when I did it, and I was able to complete it. Just try different combos.
TRANSFORMICE

If you're really desperate you could buy the official strategy guide. Honestly it's a god send for those trial things and all the other aspects of FFX. Is Macalania the one with the moving platforms? I hated that one.
Come at me bro.
geez......FF10. the game thats got the emotional response form me ever.

i really believe wen i beat evrae on the ship coming in to bevelle, it was the best i have ever felt in my life. it took me so long to beat him/her, the relief that i felt wen i finnaly won was like taking a life time of ****s and blasting them into the toilet bowl. felt sooo good.

hmm let me think about this been while since i played it, i didnt do it with a walkthrough either.
why do u guys play with a walkthrough? it ruins so much of the fun. sure its a hard game, but it pays off.
Quote by zappp
Sammi-Ellen is my australian (wish i had aborted) daughter!!
official strategy guide. worked for me. buy one, cheapass.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Not tryin to hijack the thread or anythin, but has anyone played X-2? Is it any good?.
www.gamefaqs.com, check the biggest guide you can find there. It worked for me whenever I had problems.

I wouldn't see X-2 as a full game if I were you, not up to FF standards anyway. It ties together the loose ends from X, but it is very short. I finished it in 25 hours or so, and there weren't any cool extras to keep me going after this. I spent 1000+ hours on FFX on the other hand.

Get X-2 if you are a yuna + tidus fan. Otherwise, it isn't worth it
WTLTL 2011
honestly, it isnt that hard...Its pretty much trial n error, just keep tryin

The hardest one is that floaty wierd one, where you float along on those platforms..

****ing epic game. (too easy though)
Quote by steeLmonkeyz
honestly, it isnt that hard...Its pretty much trial n error, just keep tryin

The hardest one is that floaty wierd one, where you float along on those platforms..

****ing epic game. (too easy though)

Did you kill all the dark aeons and penance? I doubt it.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
Did you kill all the dark aeons and penance? I doubt it.

gee who has???
also, whats pennace, i never heard of it!!
Quote by zappp
Quote by krymson
Not tryin to hijack the thread or anythin, but has anyone played X-2? Is it any good?.

2 was absolutely terrible. I played 10 minutes of it and **** a brick at how bad it was. My buddy finished it and was pissed that he couldn't get the last 20-odd hours of his life refunded by Square-enix or whoever made the game.

In summary: NO.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by sammi-ellen
gee who has???
also, whats pennace, i never heard of it!!

He is the toughest optional boss in the game. You can fight him after defeating all of the dark aeons. It took me forever to get strong enough to even get to him lol.

Did the TS get past those trials yet? lol
WTLTL 2011
Quote by krymson

X-2 is awful.
Come at me bro.
I did them all without a walkthrough. I could do it if I had the game in front of me. Sorry, dude.
I'm stuck on a part, too. Haven't played the game in months, so I'm not reminded of my failure. It's a boss battle.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by Dahaka
X-2 is awful.

Quoting this.

The cloister is pretty easy if you think about it, take all the spheres out of the bridge, stick them in the spare places, then push the block into the ice, shattering it, push it into the other ice and down the ramp, then push it to the right into the column from the roof, then remove the others in logical order as to which you still need to use to get the next one. Can't really give a better description as this is from memory.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
Can't remember exactly, but it's not too hard on the second or third time around.
Keep trying.

Also, I don't think the US version comes with the dark aeons and pennance.
If u want a proper game get ff12 or even get the best ff ever... FFXII oh yes the greatest game ever.

EDIT: so this isn't off topic... erm it's all about sliding the stand things if i remember to reveal a secret path, have you done that bit??
Last edited by SG_dave at Nov 17, 2007,
Listen to me. This is very important.

Take the game out of your system, and throw it up against a wall. You can consider that beating a game. It's much quicker than going through the hours and hours of ****ty plot, bad game play, and no control over the Airship.. Oh.. and you skip right past that stupid, easy as **** final boss. I mean Jesus Christ.. I beat Sin in ONE ****ing try. The first battle with Sin was MUCH MUCH harder..

My god that game sucked.

Get out of it before you invest too much time. Please.. For me.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by sammi-ellen
geez......FF10. the game thats got the emotional response form me ever.

i really believe wen i beat evrae on the ship coming in to bevelle, it was the best i have ever felt in my life. it took me so long to beat him/her, the relief that i felt wen i finnaly won was like taking a life time of ****s and blasting them into the toilet bowl. felt sooo good.

hmm let me think about this been while since i played it, i didnt do it with a walkthrough either.
why do u guys play with a walkthrough? it ruins so much of the fun. sure its a hard game, but it pays off.

Evrae was a ****ing BITCH the first time around, when he was a zombie he was cake though

Get the real walkthrough, it explains the temples well

However, it didn't help me with Evrae at all, haha

I stopped in the Zanarkand temple, I still have to beat that game
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Take the game out of your system, and throw it up against a wall. You can consider that beating a game. It's much quicker than going through the hours and hours of ****ty plot, bad game play, and no control over the Airship.. Oh.. and you skip right past that stupid, easy as **** final boss. I mean Jesus Christ.. I beat Sin in ONE ****ing try. The first battle with Sin was MUCH MUCH harder..

My god that game sucked.

Way to bash one of the most respected, and most praised games ever created. I love the plot, the game play is incredible, and who cares about the airship. If you want flying get a flight simulator not an RPG.

In case you still haven't figured out that trial:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/197344/24979

just search for macalania with ctrl + f.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Nov 17, 2007,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Oh.. and you skip right past that stupid, easy as **** final boss. I mean Jesus Christ.. I beat Sin in ONE ****ing try. The first battle with Sin was MUCH MUCH harder..

Lucky for you the hardest bosses are not in the main storyline of the game. Personally I like that, it meant that more people managed to see the story through, while those wanting more of a challenge could get it from the side quests.
Quote by Mark G
Way to bash one of the most respected, and most praised games ever created. I love the plot, the game play is incredible, and who cares about the airship. If you want flying get a flight simulator not an RPG.

In case you still haven't figured out that trial:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/197344/24979

just search for macalania with ctrl + f.

Bull****. That game doesn't deserve any respect. The battle sequences were lame, the characters were mostly boring.. I'd like to know whose idea it was to place a jock as a main character in a game series that is mainly played by nerds who despise jocks. Or at least.. All the hard core Final Fantasy players I know. The only thing I can give X props on is the fact that it's better than Eight, which I despised even more. Aside from that, it was probably the easiest Final Fantasies I've ever played. Nothing in that game gave me the slightest challenges. Not even the non-main story bosses. They were all really easy to beat.

Final Fantasy Six and Seven both utterly destroy FF8 and FF10. I'm sorry. Even the first Final Fantasy game, which I'm not a big fan of, demolished it.

This reminds me, though.. I need to go buy 9 and finally beat it..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

My god that game sucked.

i was quite relieved that sin and jecht wernt too hard. i just wanted to finish that game soo bad. adn then i cried all morning watching teh ending scene.

one of the greatest games ever
Quote by zappp
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Bull****. That game doesn't deserve any respect. The battle sequences were lame, the characters were mostly boring.. I'd like to know whose idea it was to place a jock as a main character in a game series that is mainly played by nerds who despise jocks. Or at least.. All the hard core Final Fantasy players I know. The only thing I can give X props on is the fact that it's better than Eight, which I despised even more. Aside from that, it was probably the easiest Final Fantasies I've ever played. Nothing in that game gave me the slightest challenges. Not even the non-main story bosses. They were all really easy to beat.

Final Fantasy Six and Seven both utterly destroy FF8 and FF10. I'm sorry. Even the first Final Fantasy game, which I'm not a big fan of, demolished it.

Im quite sure you havent beaten the dark aeons and penance.
And if you used yojimbo to do it then dont come complaining
Quote by Jack Off Jill

I agree on most points you made there, but seriously 9 sucks too- i prefer 8 over that any day. 9 was also another easy final fantasy. I hated the characters too, apart from Vivi.

10 was far too cheesy, Tidus was such a tool. That whole sequence with the 'practicing how to laugh' was just embarassing.
It was fun beating the crap out of everything in sight though.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Last edited by Blackbullet at Nov 17, 2007,
Quote by Jack Off Jill

My god that game sucked.

Yeah, you've clearly never fought the original creations in the Monster arena. Ever beat Nemesis? oh wait, never heard of him? That's because you need to capture 10 of EVERY monster in the game to be able to fight him. And then you won't beat him. Ever gotten all of the Celestial Weapons with all the attributes on them? Oh wait. NO YOU ****ING HAVEN'T. Ever gotten your Bliztball team to Lvl. 99? did you ever even play Blitzball after the tounament at ****ing Kilika? NO YOU ****ING HAVEN'T.

Honestly, for just beating the main storyline, you have completed maybe 40% of the whole game. You suck. Now go play some easy, juvenile, 1 dimensional, 7 hours to beat game, you runny douche.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

10 wasnt that bad. They gambled with the game, it was new for the PS2, probably seemed like the right time to make some changes. I liked the fact that you could get over 9999 health, that was cool. It was REALLY cheesy though...I agree with that.

Does anyone know which FF is on the Nintendo DS?
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by tallicafan888
10 wasnt that bad. They gambled with the game, it was new for the PS2, probably seemed like the right time to make some changes. I liked the fact that you could get over 9999 health, that was cool. It was REALLY cheesy though...I agree with that.

Does anyone know which FF is on the Nintendo DS?

I did like the game. I like the graphics a lot. Especially the water, and the Brotherhood sword. I still think that VIII was better, though. Actually the best IMO. Its graphics were better for the console it was played on.

I don't know which one it is, but I heard from a hardcore FF fan that it sucked. It may just be different from most, though, which isn't necessarily bad. I haven't played it, though.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Well it is on the DS, so maybe it will be like the early versions. Bit like the pokemon view.

And VIII was a bangin game, although I prefer VII and IX. I never completed VIII, was it a shorter game than the others? Coz I was never leveled up enough when I got to the last bit.
TRANSFORMICE

VIII wasn't necessarily shorter, but it didn't just depend on levelling. You had to junction your magics efficiently to power up effectively.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
i absolutely loved FFX. i liked the gameplay, the plot, the characters (tell me Auron is not a bonafied badass). I've spent countless hours on that game, its great. i agree, when i finally beat evrae on the airship i was so relieved. if it wasnt for my ps2 breaking I'd finish that game. I also didn't mind X-2, i found it entertaining with the different jobs and whatnot but the final boss was a joke, disappointing.
Quote by Ez0ph
Tissues are lame cuz then you gotta spend an hour gettin the little paper off of your dick
i just shoot it into my neighbors yard
not my problem anymore
Quote by metacarpi
VIII wasn't necessarily shorter, but it didn't just depend on levelling. You had to junction your magics efficiently to power up effectively.

Oh thats when you had to collect/steal different magics, I didnt like that system much coz I dont use much magic. My characters were terribly low though, like lvl 30 or something embarrising.
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by tallicafan888
Oh thats when you had to collect/steal different magics, I didnt like that system much coz I dont use much magic. My characters were terribly low though, like lvl 30 or something embarrising.

Yeah that's the one. I didn't like it at first, but once you opened up the status effects from the GFs, the junctioning system began to become fantastic!

I can't remember what a good level should have ben there, it's been many years since I last played VIII. Although I can remember the day I bought it. I got the limited box-set, complete with FFVIII t-shirt and Memory card with stickers.

What a joyous time that was!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
lol a tshirt and stickers. I think my bro borrowed it off his friend, but he never collected it....so we kept it.

I dont think I junctioned the magic with the GF's, I cant remember doing that, and it would prob explain my weakish team. My team were so much better on FF7, with that knights of the round table summon as well!
TRANSFORMICE

Page 1 of 2