Anyone know some? I will probably use songs to start out from scratch and play slow. I want to greatly improve my currently sloppy right hand, so anything will help.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
Alternate, down stroking, up stroking or economy picking? There are differnt bands that will help those particular areas.

I would suggest something like master of puppets :P

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
some eric johnson songs, cliffs of dover, it's pretty hard, but you asked. 99% of his songs have incredibly fast alternate picking runs.
sweet child of mine.... that should help with your picking/string skip

or if you want more challenge... glasgow kiss by John (a.k.a god) Petrucci
Quote by just17n8
sweet child of mine.... that should help with your picking/string skip

or if you want more challenge... glasgow kiss by John (a.k.a god) Petrucci

As soon as I saw the name of the thread I thought of that song.
Some songs by Necrophagist will certainly improve your picking, but it might be a little too difficult and I don't think you'll like it.
I'll try out Glasgow Kiss by JP aka God.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
Steve Morse: Tumeni Notes.

The song is basically written like a technical exercise and contains very difficult strip skips and alt. picked runs at speed.

Dream Theater: Erotomania.

Mainly the solo obviously but towards the end there's a fast string skipping section in quintuplets that's fast and moves around the neck quite a lot. Having said that: just about any DT song contains some advanced technique.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Anything that challenges your picking hands will improve it.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Well where are you in picking so far? If you are a beginner, start of with something basic like Metallica's "Enter Sandman". If you have been playing longer and just need help with control, you could probably tackle something harder like "State of Grace" by Liquid Tension Experiment.
Anthrax - Indians, pretty good down stroking parts as well as alternating riffs
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Quote by Spike6sic6
Anything that challenges your picking hands will improve it.

Seriously. Just practice the songs you like that have challenging picking passages. And keep in mind that there are many different types of picking: alt, econ, outside, inside, single-string, 3 notes-per-string, 2 notes-per-string, arpeggio, string-skipping, etc.
what are some good excercises or songs that help improve alternate picking or tremolo picking? I'm trying to learn "Sick Sad Little World" by Incubus and all the verses are is,like tremolo picking and i'm not terrible at it,but i really need to build up control and strength in my right hand.
1) Give it more than ten minutes before you bump.

2) Tremolo picking is all about stamina, just keep practicing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by bucketbots
tecnicall difficultied by paul gilbert

dude ?? have you ever had a casual coversation while having sex??

male:
" so erm .. wot do you think of bbc1 ?"
female:
" AAHHHH SH*T !!!! SH*T !!!!! "

Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Sex is over-rated. I prefer Pokemon Diamond.

HAHAHA ^^^ :P

I would say training excercises would be better than songs, there are plenty of those floating around. The intro to Sweet Child 'O Mine is good, because it actually is a string skipping excercise. Slash was just playing it as a joke, none of them realized that the song wasn't going to just be filler at the time.
The echo etude by Yngwie is a great way if youre a beginner. It has a lot of different patterns in it to work with as well as some easy arpeggios.
a great song to help your speed that helped me tremendosly was ill see the light again by yngwie malmsteen
I'll definitely learn Glasgow Kiss and Technical Difficulties... I like both but I never thought of learning them!

Now that I think of it, it would probably help my technique!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep 'em coming!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
I find that two things a lot of people overlook in right hand techniques, that can really enhance your playing, are:

String Skipping - Experiment with large intervals via string skipping. Doing so creates a very interesting sound, and keeps the listener on their toes. Guys like John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert frequently do this.

Try:
Racer X - Technical Difficulties
Dream Theater - Erotomania (Solo)

Alternate Picking Through Arpeggios - I think nowadays, sweep picking has become all too popular, and used all too often. Sure, it's fascinating technique, but I feel that it takes away from the rhythmic pulse of the passage. Thus, I prefer to alternate pick almost all my arpeggios, even those that would sorely tempt sweep-happy players.

The result is that those passages have more dynamic quality, and, as i mentioned before, more rhythmic pulse. Sweeping is a great technique to pull off a flurry of extremely fast arpeggios, but I would try to use it sparingly as possible. Again, guys like Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci, and also Steve Morse, frequently alternate pick through their arpeggio passages.

Try:
Dream Theater - The Glass Prison (1st Solo)
John Petrucci - Glasgow Kiss
Steve Morse - Tumeni Notes
Racer X - Scarified

Tip - If you're having trouble alternate picking through your arpeggios that have notes on adjacent strings, see if you can change the fingering to convert it into a string skipping lick. Again, Paul Gilbert is a great example of this: Towards the end of Technical Difficulties main riff, there are a few quick arpeggios that he articulates using string skipping. Try and find a video on Youtube to see what I mean.
^Yeah, JP once talked about how he asked Gilbert how he got his arpeggios to sound so fluid... turns out he picks the first note, then skips a string and plays the next 3 on a single string.
Everybody's said JP and Dream Theater, so I'll leave that to you...
The main riff to Cult of Personality will help with precision, both in alt and string skipping.
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
I think somebody said Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osborne. The fills and solo (except the tapping parts) are great practise for alt picking.
That's what comes to mind, if I think of others I'll post them. Have fun!
i suggest something with odd time signatures, or off beats

this'll enable you to train your picking hand to be in time with your fretting hand, whether it be a cool blues lick, or speed metal riffage