I've posted asking for somebody to find this/tab it before, and nobody came through. First of all, people refused to accept the fact that yes, somewhere along the line, Malmsteen recorded his version of Canon in D. It rocks. And yeah I'm nearly positive it's him, and not just because the song title said so when I downloaded it (which i've since lost) but because his tone and playing style is unique... the song is pure Malmsteen.

Anyway, anybody else know what I'm talking about, and do you think you could tab it? That song was just too manly for me to tab on my own
I've heard that, it's really sweet, was my favourite Malmsteen piece for a while. I've never been able to find a tab for it though
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
i actually think your refering to jerry c. who took that classical composition and put it to rock guitar. either way i have the transcription in one of my guitar world. pm me and ill scan it for ya
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
Quote by systematic_nois
i actually think your refering to jerry c. who took that classical composition and put it to rock guitar. either way i have the transcription in one of my guitar world. pm me and ill scan it for ya

No, Malmsteen did it aswell. I know JerryC's version
Here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-I4IERwdUE
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
malmsteen did it to? i gotta hear that!
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
Quote by Bossman123
No, Malmsteen did it aswell. I know JerryC's version
Here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-I4IERwdUE

Are you sure that's Malmsteen? No signature tone? Excessive harmonics? No signature licks/runs? Also, the guitar is practically almost lost in the mix, Yngwie would NEVER do that.

I'm going to have to call bull**** on that.
Well it only seems to be on that particular recording that the guitar gets lost in the mix but ya i was never sure if it was Yngwie or not, i got it off limewire and it said it was him but limewire lies a lot
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Yeah limewire has alot of FAKE songs, and you know if malmsteen covered this he would have some harmonic minor licks in there!
yeah doesn't really sound like malmsteen...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Arghhhh every time I post this everybody disputes the Malmsteenness of it lol

But yeah, that dude found the song I'm referring to with the youtube link...

Idk about you guys, but it sounds pretty much like his style to me. How is that not a Strat coming out of a big ass 1987 Marshall? I'll be damned if it's not. Besides, this has been around way before that JerryC BS, I downloaded the song probably about 5 years ago.

Anywho, any brave souls wanna tab it? lol