Page 1 of 2
Why does everyone only talk about jacksons/Ibanez these days, with a few ESP and gibson conversations thrown in? I went to my local guitar center the other day and tried out a schecter hellraiser c-1 FR, an ibanez s prestige and an ibanez rg prestige, along with several jacksons. The other guitars did not even come close to the hellraiser as far as quality metal sound goes. The trem also felt better on the hellraiser. But i guess my main question is why, when any1 posts a metal guitar thread, they only ask about either ibanez or jackson.
i agree. no one ever mentions schecters.
personally i hate jacksons so you would never hear me praise them but iIbanez's are pretty good. but still the schecter is underrated.
schecters are nice maybe a little less quality, but most of it with jackson and ibanez is NAME. i have a schecter they're pretty nice
i dont think you can get shecters in the uk or i probably just havent looked but they look like decent guitars
Sig space available, give me some praise
I have a c-1 one classic and it is an absolutely incredibly guitar.Can't speak on the lower end ones though.
i started on a schecter 006, went to a damien FR, and now i have the C-1 Hellraiser. ive owned an LTD and my Hellraiser is so much better imo.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by Sadistic sponge
I have a c-1 one classic and it is an absolutely incredibly guitar.Can't speak on the lower end ones though.

+1

If i ever get a fixed bridge, the c-1 is IT.

They're so beautiful with the sunburst and you can see the neckthru on the back. It makes me happy holding one of those.
And for some reason i find gloss necks to be faster...
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
schecters are awesome... theres no way around that
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Somebody in my area is selling a Demon for about $475 (Canadian). I wants.

It's times like these that I wish I still had a job.
Epiphone Dot Studio
Peavey Valve King 112 (w/ Eminence Texas Heat)
Digitech Hot Head
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
Elixir .010-.052
My mate has a Schecter Blackhawk (UK Sound Control Exclusive) and besides playing well it's also the smecks :P
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/velvetrevolver/ Join if you love Velvet Revolver!

Quote by Retro Rocker
Quote by Liberation
She looks like she'd belong in Motley Crue.
They also looked pretty hot back in the day.
I'm a guy, but I'd still bang Nikki.
schecters are tottaly crazy awesum guitars!
and the trem might have felt better becuz the hellraiser fr has an OFR
but their guitars are great...
my friend has a regular c-1 hellraiser and its amazing
i love my schecter, even after i get new guitars it's the only one i play really often, and it's really besides my ibanez the only one i ever keep, i think once you find a good one, they're keepers, i've played my schecter so much the neck has gotten a satin feel from my hand rubbing the gloss down, lol, best neck ever
Quote by disillusia
i want a schecter c-1 hellraiser next on my wishlist

Hahah my friend got it free from his rich dad right before christmas, now hes getting a new tube amp

And he just got new gear like 4 months ago
untr00
I like Schecters, I was going to get a Damien FR,
But I got more moeny and I don't really like FR's.

People talk all the talk about Ibanez and jackons more than ESP.
depends on what schecter guitar you get... I have 2 schecters, a Hell Raiser, and a C-1 Classic...

The Hell-Raiser is lousy compared with my Classic... The tone in a Classic is really amazing...

Ive played an omen as well, omen was the first schecter I played... I had owned an RG for about 1 year, and was attracted by the body style of an omen first... I didnt end up buying the omen because it didnt have the tone, and I only bought the hellraiser as a practise guitar for when Im at home (my band plays an hour away from where I live, I have 2 seperate rigs)...

anyway... long story short... Schecter has some real tone monsters, and some pretty basic guitars... BUT if you really want a metal guitar... you should buy a caparison.
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
I have a Schecter C-1 Classic and I absolutely love it. It's so versatile, plays great, and looks great. The C-1 Hellraiser is great as well, I've played it on many occasions and will probably end up buying it for my next guitar.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by `NeXxuS`
depends on what schecter guitar you get... I have 2 schecters, a Hell Raiser, and a C-1 Classic...

The Hell-Raiser is lousy compared with my Classic... The tone in a Classic is really amazing...

Sounds like a really opinionated statement. Ive never seen anyone who was into metal/rock go for a classic instead of a Hellraiser, unless you are talking about a hell raiser c7.
the thing is that a hell-raiser looks like a metal guitar... its got EMG's and so most people would be inclined to use it as a metal guitar...

The Tone difference is just TOO dramatic... I've played the same songs with the same settings with different guitars... and the classic absolutely destroys in tone...

its just all around a better guitar in my opinion...

but theres probably things you can do to a hellraiser to make it tight...

EMG's IMHO are not a pick-up that should be used... they are high output which is nice... but there's higher output pickups out there with much better tone... EMG's just dont seem to bring out any real color...
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
Of course they would have different tone sounds, or they wouldn't be making both guitars in the same price range, the hell raiser was built for metal, but obviously you like the more tamed sound that the classic appeals too, I understand completely your argument. BTW, what style do you play/listen too? I already have a Gibson LP with alcino(however you spell it) pick ups, and so for me, the hellraiser would be a better choice. I believe the classic uses duncans right? if so, then they wanted it to sound brighter compared to the hellraiser, and wanted the hellraiser to sound hotter and scream for those metal solos.
Last edited by Wrathlegion at Nov 17, 2007,
Quote by Wrathlegion
Sounds like a really opinionated statement. Ive never seen anyone who was into metal/rock go for a classic instead of a Hellraiser, unless you are talking about a hell raiser c7.

I'm into metal and rock, and I chose a Classic over a Hellraiser. The Seymour Duncans it has do great with high gain music, and they have great cleans (especially with the coil tap) so I don't see why someone into rock or metal wouldn't want it. And I don't think the Hellraiser would be that great for rock, probably just metal.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
are you kidding? you never heard the end of schecters around here.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmm, i'll try them out again, but i remember the classic being a brighter (but not fenderish) tone, and the hellraiser being a crunchy and hotter tone.
I agree schecter is very under rated,dont get me wrong ibanez makes some good guitars,but schecters still can hold there own. thats why i bought mine
Quote by Wrathlegion
Hmm, i'll try them out again, but i remember the classic being a brighter (but not fenderish) tone, and the hellraiser being a crunchy and hotter tone.

I think all guitars in the hellraiser series has EMG pup installed, reasoning for the tone.
people do talk about schecters man theyre great guitars and very underated.One thing that put me off was the neck,i like flat necks and shecter was a bit too "glossy' and sticky for my hands and a bit to thick i was soo close to buying one though.very cheap for the price of 800 bucks you get real emg'z and a real floyd rose.and you also get a set neck.good guitars if you dont mind the neck.
Quote by DreamFactory
I think all guitars in the hellraiser series has EMG pup installed, reasoning for the tone.

correctamundo!

Schecters are nice guitars. I've owned two. the Avenger 7-string, right when they first came out in the late 90's. and a C-1 Triple X. I enjoyed both. but I don't like the necks. they aren't bad, but I wouldn't prefer one. but Schecter definetely give you a bang for your buck. can't speak on the trems. I don't buy'em.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
well also you gotta consider what the guitar player likes in a guitar.All guitars are different and one might just sound better to another person rather then sound or look good to you.For example i Love the epiphone gothic v but i play a jackson rr's v and idk im just faster on the jackson so id pick that.Its all choice.
C-1 Blackjack versus LTD H-500... which would you guys recommend?

A while ago, I played a C-1 Classic and wasn't too impressed with the way it played (I favoured the cheaper PRS SE Custom) but more recently I sat down with a Hellraiser and quite liked it.

The Blackjack's specs very much appeal to me, but I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet. I absolutely loved the H-500 when I played it, but then I also didn't compare it to anything.
Epiphone Dot Studio
Digitech Hot Head
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
Elixir .010-.052
Quote by Paddles
C-1 Blackjack versus LTD H-500... which would you guys recommend?

A while ago, I played a C-1 Classic and wasn't too impressed with the way it played (I favoured the cheaper PRS SE Custom) but more recently I sat down with a Hellraiser and quite liked it.

The Blackjack's specs very much appeal to me, but I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet. I absolutely loved the H-500 when I played it, but then I also didn't compare it to anything.

That depends on what kind of music you play.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee

Quote by webbtje
Quote by stanleybach
That depends on what kind of music you play.

Rock, blues, and metal. My Epi Dot Studio would be playing the vast majority of the rock and the blues though. I wouldn't mind versatility in the pups, but it'd be mainly for metal.
Epiphone Dot Studio
Digitech Hot Head
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
Elixir .010-.052
i dont really like the look of them...

personally prefer a jackson kv2...but i have heard good things about schechs...its all preference with guitars really. I personally would take a top jackson over a top schech any day of the week, whereas im sure there are people who would do the opposite.
Quote by Paddles
Rock, blues, and metal. My Epi Dot Studio would be playing the vast majority of the rock and the blues though. I wouldn't mind versatility in the pups, but it'd be mainly for metal.

If it's mainly for metal, I would go fot the LTD (or the Hellraiser FR if you want a Floyd Rose). Their EMGs are great for metal, but not much else. The C-1 Blackjack has more versatile pickups than the EMGs, but you said you didn't like the C-1 classic and that one has the same pickups.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee

Quote by webbtje
Page 1 of 2