i'm a newbie in electric guitars, but i've been playing classical for 2 years now. i'm thinking about buying this behringer iAxe 264 Bk usb guitar, because it's cheap, and also i dont have to buy an amp right away. do you think its a good choice for a begginer? is there any better option at the same price???

please help me!
There are a lot better guitars out there in tyhe same price-range. You'll have to buy an amp eventually and playing through your computer will probably sound like ****.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Nov 17, 2007,
i don know, but according to this vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubp_b-Z8wn8

it sounds pretty decent, and also, i'm not thinkin of buyin an amp for the time being cause i only play at home for now, and so, the less noise the better, you know?
but i dont know... what other models do you suggest in this price range? do the squier start packs with amp suck? or they are actually usable?
It's probably good enough, but I think you'll really want an amp after a while. You might as well get used to using amps as soon as possible, no? There are a lot of guitars and which you'll want depends on what kind of music you'd like to play, but you won't have a ton of amps to choose from with a low budget (Vox ADVT and Roland Cube are quite popular).
I'm a communist. Really.
Well, a friend of mine showed me his starter Behringer guitar that looks to be somewhere in the same price range as this. My immediate reaction was pretty much "burn it with fire".
Practicing through your computer=latency
Get an amp.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by andoranian
i'm a newbie in electric guitars, but i've been playing classical for 2 years now. i'm thinking about buying this behringer iAxe 264 Bk usb guitar, because it's cheap, and also i dont have to buy an amp right away. do you think its a good choice for a begginer? is there any better option at the same price???

please help me!

I actually had a 393 for a while to start off. Personally, it got frustrating tuning it all the damn time, but it is very decent for a low priced guitar, with 22 frets and not bad resale value (I basically recovered most of what I spent for it). Latency's a non-issue.

You may be better served though, getting a good acoustic to start with, then when you're ready to spend $500 for a good guitar and a decent amp (RG321 with a Vox AD-15 perhaps) you can go all the way. The acoustic will make electric guitar seem like cake.
i've had a classic guitar for 2 years, and i think its more than time to move to an electric.
i'm used to play with amps, since i've played in my friends strat several times. and this guy is selling his roland mini cube, cause he's buyin a marshall next month , so i really think i'm gonna buy the behringer and some time later i'll buy him his cube...