holy **** this band are awesome. i got the best of thing for cheap because my local indie is shutting down ( ) and are selling off things cheap... its super duper. what should i get next? i think i like the later stuff more than the early punkier stuff, i really liked skyway and bastards of young best i think... though i pretty much love the entire second half of the best of. so yeah. yeah. yeah. **** my fingers have blood on them and i don't know where from. eek. so long, so long, farewell.

xxx
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
good band, like "Here Comes a Regular" and "Left of the Dial" best, although I haven't heard much..
^I really need to get that.

I love this band, I have 'Sorry ma, forgot to take out the trash' and 'Hootenanny'. They are both quality.
I have 'Sorry Ma...' and it's great, but I haven't got into their "indier" stuff yet.
stink's very good

its funny, pretty much me and a lot of my friends all started listening to the replacements all independantly of each other. really good bad

gurgle which best of do you own? i've got a two disc one, all for nothing/nothing for all, and i find it a bit patchy when next to individual albums
hmm. i am pretty sure i don't have Let It Be. i'm also pretty sure i don't have anything other than Tim that isn't on vinyl.

i should acquire the cds so i can listen to them more often.
i only own their later stuff, don't tell a soul and all shook down. they've got some good songs in 'em: talent show, attitude (from what i can remember).
Quote by uhh_me?
hmm. i am pretty sure i don't have Let It Be. i'm also pretty sure i don't have anything other than Tim that isn't on vinyl.

i should acquire the cds so i can listen to them more often.

You should...then again so should I.
I definitely need to get Let It Be.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
That is the coolest avatar I ever seen.

I still like the Replacements.
Quote by opivy21
That is the coolest avatar I ever seen.

I still like the Replacements.

Who mine?

I do too although I haven't listened to them in a while.
Yeah, my dad really likes them, so I've heard some stuff by them. Talent Show is great, rest of their stuff is ok.

**** my fingers have blood on them and i don't know where from. eek. so long, so long, farewell.

They are pretty much the best band in like, ever.

I like "Pleased to Meet Me" best of all I think.

That or "Tim."

They aged and evolved more gracefully than almost any band ever. Cuz their early stuff was great as well.
I was kinda disappointed with Pleased to Meet Me, to be honest. There's a couple of really good songs but it's just not as strong as Tim or Let It Be. Maybe I need to listen to it a bit more - I haven't given it much of a chance, if I'm honest.
Quote by Love_Buzz
Who mine?

I do too although I haven't listened to them in a while.

You know it. I'm a moustache enthusiast.
Their facial hair more than their music, only because I haven't listened to them a whole lot.
Haven't listened to them in a while. I shall do so soon.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by opivy21
Their facial hair more than their music, only because I haven't listened to them a whole lot.

you should listen to New Day Rising on repeat.

are Hootenanny or The Replacements Stink worth picking up? i mean, i'm sure they are, but which should i get first?
Quote by uhh_me?
you should listen to New Day Rising on repeat.

are Hootenanny or The Replacements Stink worth picking up? i mean, i'm sure they are, but which should i get first?

I don't like Hootenanny very much...Stink isn't bad.
I like Hootenanny, but it's certainly no "Let it Be" or "Tim". "Stink" is kind of hardcore and probably the most intense thing they ever put out. I'm not really a huge fan of it. "Sorry Ma..." is really good. I don't know if you have it, but if you don't, you should!

I just finished the chapter on the Replacements in Our Band Could Be Your Life and I'm kind of annoyed that "Tim" was not mentioned anywhere in there. I mean, what the feck?! Tim is one of the best albums of the 80s.
wasn't Tim released on a major label? that book seems to stop covering bands when they hit the majors.

i do have Sorry Ma... and i really enjoyed it the couple time that i have listened to it. i think i am just going to buy whatever is cheaper.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx

I just finished the chapter on the Replacements in Our Band Could Be Your Life and I'm kind of annoyed that "Tim" was not mentioned anywhere in there. I mean, what the feck?! Tim is one of the best albums of the 80s.

I've been meaning to read that book. How is it so far? You know, except for the fact that it completely ignores a bands career after they hit the majors.
^it's pretty good so far. I found the chapter on Black Flag really inspiring. My only gripe is that the chapters seem a tad formulaic (general synopsis of the band/how the band met/how they recorded their first EP blah blah blah...) I think that might become a bit tiresome towards the end. Also Husker Du deserve a much bigger write-up than what they got!

I'd definitely recommend it though.

Quote by uhh_me?
wasn't Tim released on a major label? that book seems to stop covering bands when they hit the majors.

yeah, it was. I guess that makes sense, but I was confused that they didn't at least mention it, seeing as they mentioned Pleased to Meet Me and the other two albums. It felt like I'd accidently skipped a couple of pages or something.
Our Band Could Be Your Life was pretty cool in my opinion. I only read about the bands that I listen to and I would say it was worth it.
so, The Mats have been in constant rotation for the past couple of months. hell of a band.

anyone else heard the latest Westerberg release? pretty damn good.
Noice!

I wasn't aware he released one.

I almost bought his signature guitar. It's cheap. And cool. I still might.

Also I listened to all of "Let It Be" and "Tim" today totally randomly. "I Will Dare" came on during a jam sesh and I just started fiendin'

I like TIM more. It's my favorite album ever basically.

And The 'mats are still my favorite band.
the signature guitar looks sweet as. seriously considering a purchase.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
The 'Mats are possibly my favorite band ever. Just a straight ahead rock band in the purest sense. All their albums have something to offer, but right now I'd probably say my favorite is Let it Be.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!