ok so my sg has single overs instead of humbuckers, was this a bad choice? i can still put humbuckers in, nd the single overs sound really good compaire to my strat (not even on the same level) but would humbuckers or dimebuckers sound better in it? thanks
Are you sure it has singles? I've never seen an SG with singles myself, you got a pic?

Oh, and banish the Dimebucker from your thoughts, it blows.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It did exist: http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitar%20of%20the%20Week/SG%20Standard%20w_3%20Single%20Coils/

But in any case, do you mean P90's? If the sound is a bit thinner than you'd like, it may be a good idea to put an Alnico V P.A.F. humbucker in the bridge...so to give you a powerful sound but not limit yourself musically. Seymour Duncan's JB, Dimarzio's Mo' Joe or PAF Pro, and of course Gibson's own pups should do well (even if they cost way more than they should...$120 for a Dirty Fingers).
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Nov 17, 2007,
He said he could put humbuckers, so I'm guessing he has P-90's instead of Strat-like single coils.
they are p90s but it isnt a gibson, it is a lowly brand (sorry guys im still savin for the good one) but this sg kicks my strat anyday of the week, but they are p90s here is the guitar link

http://jayturser.com/jt-55p.php

that is it in black, but would humbuckers suit it better? because the guy that owns the guitar store i bought it from recommended the single overs, so i said i would try them, nd if i didnt like them i would just put a set of humbuckers in, but what would be the difference?
In al honesty i'd keep it the way it is, it looks sexy. Also you'll have to do some routing in addition to getting a new pickguard which would stop it being cost-effective to change pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you mean with the pickups i have now? nothing really, i just thought it might have more sound and better tone with humbuckers, thats what i was asking (sorry if i confused you) because i have never played a good sg with humbuckers and the guitar store didnt have any for me to try, so i took the managers advice and went with single overs
ok, i just wanted to get an idea as to if they were good, nd pple that have used them can tell me but ok
It usually helps to ask these types of question before you buy something...

P90s should be fine with the right amp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.