Hey,

I've heard everywhere that the amp you should get after your practise amp should be either a Vox ADXXVT or a Roland Cube XX (If you play mainly metal with some occasional clean stuff, i.e. Metallica, Pantera, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc) , and I think the sound I'd like to achieve lies in between what each of these have to offer, (Vox= Good Cleans, Cube= Good Distortion), My question is; Which of these would be cheaper/better;

1. Buying a Cube 60 + Pedals to get good cleans

or

2. Buying a Vox AD50VT + Pedals to get good distortion?

Please bear in mind that the Cube 60 is £148.99 and a Vox AD50VT is £179.99

Which Would Better and Which Would Be The Cheaper?

Thank You Very Much,
Kind Regards,
Adi
What do you mean the Vox has bad distortion? The distortion on mine is satisfying. Anyway, you should probably get the Vox.
I've heard that neither of them take too kindly to pedals, as is the case with most SS/hybrid amps

I'd check out the vox vt-xl's, the newer line designed for high-gain music
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
Quote by SolidShroom
What do you mean the Vox has bad distortion? The distortion on mine is satisfying. Anyway, you should probably get the Vox.

I never said it was bad but people around forums suggest quite a lot that the Cube is more suitable for high-gain stuff

Quote by mazohysthoney
I've heard that neither of them take too kindly to pedals, as is the case with most SS/hybrid amps

I'd check out the vox vt-xl's, the newer line designed for high-gain music

I've heard that too, also I'm afraid the XL's are a little out of my price range <£180 (Amp Only)
my cousin has a valvetronix and it takes pedals okay. it doesent take them as well as a more expensive amp but you should be fine with a pedal for boosting it. but i heard the cube isnt so good at taking pedals. though i think the valvetronix is great, you should get the cube (because of your styles of playing) the cube has good cleans so it should be great for you. try to get the 30 or 60 because of the amp modeling.
neither is great for pedals- they're modelling amps.
The cubes clean channel is nice- it just depends what you play more
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
There really isn't a pedal for cleans.

If you think you want a sound between these two amps, then go for the Vox. I just think it's the better of the two, and that it's gain is underrated. I think you'll find the US High Gain to be adequate for most of your highest gain applications, while it's classic rock/cleans are superior to the Cube.

And, of course, you can always get a pedal for more gain.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I prefer the Vox. tough i really like my Cube
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Quote by SolidShroom

People say that the distortion isn't that good for metal.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.