what are your recommendations to actually make them play properly.

Actually paying them in relation to results and effort might be a good idea....we'll get a free football team
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Stop paying the useless pampered fucks altogether and threaten to cut off their bollocks if they fail to perform.
"Is it an ambulance? Is he Philip Larkin? So much power in so few words."
~The Observer

"A transcendant terrestris, a timeless behemoth, trapped like Sisyphus in the cyclical burden of his own genius."
~The Sun

"His a cant."
~The Independent
Ditch every player that doesn't play for the badge on the jersey. So that's pretty much all of them.

Why would they care about the national team anyway? They get paid too much at their clubs to be arsed about their country.
Quote by SealCubMassacre
Ditch every player that doesn't play for the badge on the jersey. So that's pretty much all of them.

Why would they care about the national team anyway? They get paid too much at their clubs to be arsed about their country.

I agree 100%
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Play Chris Taylor left mid and give the mule the captains armband.
stop makin excuses,

appoint the right manager (in should have been Allardyce or O'Neill before)

drop those that arent performing (gerrard has been bad recently)

and start picking players howve earnt it (Robert Green, Barry, Young, Bentley, Darren Bent theres a huge list of players who should start ahead of Crouch or Defoe since they never even play at club level!)
Get their clubs to pay them based on their results.

Then if they make it into the England team, for every rubbish game they play they donate £100,000 each to a charity of their choice.

Or infact, just don't pay them to play on the England team at all.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by imthehitcher
stop makin excuses,

appoint the right manager (in should have been Allardyce or O'Neill before)

drop those that arent performing (gerrard has been bad recently)

and start picking players howve earnt it (Robert Green, Barry, Young, Bentley, Darren Bent theres a huge list of players who should start ahead of Crouch or Defoe since they never even play at club level!)

We're not making excuses. We know were ****
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Douse Peter Crouch with gasoline and light him aflame.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Quote by Neon Knight
Douse Peter Crouch with gasoline and light him aflame.

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
The reason we suck is the Premiership. How many good teams are primarilly English?

The Premiership should learn a lesson from the Super League. Introduce salary caps and international player laws on clubs, so that each club can only have so many players from other countries.
This means the players dont get more cash than humanly possible to spend, and it means English players get to play in the top flight and top teams, meaning that they get more experience, and therefore better.

Plus, players should want to play for their country, otherwise they shouldnt be played. Look at the recent RL test of GB v NZ, every single player there on the GB team wanted to play, they walked away with all 3 games
Quote by wiggy1988
We're not making excuses. We know were ****

well saying players are overpaid and dont care is an excuse

italian players are overpaid, french players are brazilian playrs are, yet they can perform so it is an excuse im afraid

besides many england players how alot of passion, Beckham has always been commited as has Nevilla now Richards they put it in for their country as does Terry i dont think any of them look particularly dis interested
Quote by imthehitcher
well saying players are overpaid and dont care is an excuse

nope its pointing something out

High pay does not equal **** football as you pointed out so why would I use that as excuse? an excuse would be

"we're crap at football BECAUSE our players are overpaid"

I'm not saying that at all I said we should stop paying them so much purely because they get paid too much.

Your the one making excuses by saying were crap because of our manager
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Keep the Defense.

Drop Lampard for Barry

make our main forwards owen and bent

find a good goalie.
Quote by wiggy1988
nope its pointing something out

High pay does not equal **** football as you pointed out so why would I use that as excuse? an excuse would be

"we're crap at football BECAUSE our players are overpaid"

I'm not saying that at all I said we should stop paying them so much purely because they get paid too much.

Your the one making excuses by saying were crap because of our manager

ah right i see ur point now,

but no im not saying manager is an excuse but i am saying taht he wasnt the right chioce to begin with, so we should rectify that mistake
Quote by imthehitcher
ah right i see ur point now,

but no im not saying manager is an excuse but i am saying taht he wasnt the right chioce to begin with, so we should rectify that mistake

Well thats true enough, I never thought McClaren was the best man for the job.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate