I plan on spending something like 500$ on a good amp, but have no idea what to get. I need something large enough to eventually gig with, and i was thinking of a line6 120watt

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-120-Modeling-Combo-Amplifier-103944740-i1168991.gc

is this any good? my friend has the 15watt and it sounds amazing, and is extremely loud (voume on 5 is unbearably loud) just making sure it is something that is worth the money. Any other suggestions on what would be good for this price range?
Solid State Line 6 + gigging = phail

A 50 watt 1x12 Valveking would be good for that price. If it's not as loud as you want (even though 50 should be plenty...), there's an external speaker jack, or you can mic it.
At high volumes, solid state amps sound pretty bad. What are your genres?
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Because solid state amps generally turn to crap when you turn them up to a volume capable of gigging.

Also, Line 6 amps to me are just too digital sounding. They're decent bedroom amps, but I would never use one to play a gig.
Quote by sacamano79
I plan on spending something like 500$ on a good amp, but have no idea what to get. I need something large enough to eventually gig with, and i was thinking of a line6 120watt

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-120-Modeling-Combo-Amplifier-103944740-i1168991.gc

is this any good? my friend has the 15watt and it sounds amazing, and is extremely loud (voume on 5 is unbearably loud) just making sure it is something that is worth the money. Any other suggestions on what would be good for this price range?

If you really want solid state, go with a Randall or line 6 Flextone
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
rock in general, alot of metal
Im just looking for anyhthing under 500$, no fancy effects needed, just anthying that is loud, and sounds good
Quote by sacamano79

just play that valveking, or spend a little more on a peavey classic 30, and u'll see that u had a terrible misconception of amazing and unbearably loud. solid state amps usually sound pretty crappy at higher volumes, especially line 6 amps.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by sacamano79
rock in general, alot of metal
Im just looking for anyhthing under 500$, no fancy effects needed, just anthying that is loud, and sounds good

crate palamino (i don't think i spelt that right), fender blues junior, peavey valveking, etc. look on musiciansfriend.com, click on guitars, then amps, and then click on ur price range...stay away from high wattage solid state amps
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
alright ill look around, im not buying anything for a month or two, thanks for the help though