hey UG,

i have a laptop and the audio sucks when i turn it up,and even then the it isn't loud enough for me,especially when i play guitar over it.my question is,would it cause harm to my amplifier if used it as a speaker for the laptop. i have a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor and i can use it to connect the heaphone out of the laptop to the input of my amp.would it cause harm to the amp if i use all the time??
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
..what would you plug your guitar into?
Quote by Fuzzycows5157
Rhode Island
It is neither a Road, nor an Island. Discuss
i have a cube 15 and a peavey classic30,

i know it's just a cube 15 but i value all my stuff and want to know if it would cause damage to the cube 15 if do it all the time
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
i do that all the time, works perfectly
but you do only get sound from one side, because guitar amps are mono, so some music might not sound right. don't use it to monitor recordings or anything
but it won't cause any harm to your gear
I use my amp occasionally for that, but its got a cd input jack. Its not damaged my amp.
I've been doing that ever since I got a new amp.
It's been going strong for a month (****ty crate 15 watter)
I see no problem with it.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
i feel incredibly stupid right now,

is that what the aux in is for???
Quote by Gunpowder
Go to Radio Shack and buy an 1/8" stereo-to-mono 1/4" adapter. Then you'll hear both sides.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Last edited by LEVEL4 at Nov 17, 2007,
what i have right now is a regular 1/4" guitar cable and then i put a 1/8" stereo adapter to it
Quote by Gunpowder
I have an adapter that makes the input on the amp connect to a regular headphone jack, and I have a male to male headphone cable that connects the two.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Yes, but, if you're not using a stereo-to-mono adapter, you're only sending one channel.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

you can do that. make sure your adaptors are stereo or youll be missing alot of stuff. i did it once and i was listening to susan tedeschi, it came to the guitar solo, and it was panned all the way to the right, and all i was getting was left, so i couldnt hear it haha, i was pissed.