Well, my T-40 just got out of the shop, and I noticed that it's really bassy now, and lost all of it's growl. My amp is a Peavey Max 115 combo. Does anyone have a good tone setup that will give a growl, but also keep the sound level?
Quote by ele1122
Well, my T-40 just got out of the shop, and I noticed that it's really bassy now, and lost all of it's growl. My amp is a Peavey Max 115 combo. Does anyone have a good tone setup that will give a growl, but also keep the sound level?

Boost the high mid area. Make sure all tone controls are where they were before.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Boost the high mid area. Make sure all tone controls are where they were before.

That's the problem though, there's only Low, Mid, and High, with Shift in the middle. When I put it like it was before, it's really bassy. So, yeah.
Quote by Jugband Blues
What did you take it to the shop for?

The pickups were quiet, the input jack was crackly, and the phase switch wasn't working.
solo the bridge pick up and play near the bridge, that gives a bit more growl

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
I have the sneaking suspicion that your growl was in fact fret buzz and your guitar was set up properly as to ensure no fret buzz.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
I have the sneaking suspicion that your growl was in fact fret buzz and your guitar was set up properly as to ensure no fret buzz.

Sorry, but you are incorrect. I know for a fact that the frets were not buzzing, as it's been to my local music store's (A different one than the place it was just at) repair shop a few times for truss rod and action adjustments.
Quote by ele1122
Sorry, but you are incorrect. I know for a fact that the frets were not buzzing, as it's been to my local music store's (A different one than the place it was just at) repair shop a few times for truss rod and action adjustments.

Hmmm. Is your bass no longer physically growling, or is it just not coming through the amp? If you can't hear the 'growl' when you put your ear to the bass, I think they made some adjustments. If not, I'm flummoxed.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Make sure your bridge pickup is cranked as far as it goes.
Quote by thefitz
Hmmm. Is your bass no longer physically growling, or is it just not coming through the amp? If you can't hear the 'growl' when you put your ear to the bass, I think they made some adjustments. If not, I'm flummoxed.

Ok, well, I can definitely hear something that I think counts as a 'growl' without the amp on, so obviously they must have made some adjustments to the pickups. Like I said before, my bass was sent in because the pickups were quiet, so the 'growl' could have been a side affect of faulty electronics.
are they new strings?
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by flyingmarlin
are they new strings?

No. But I was bored and put my Steve Harris strings back on. I noticed now that there isn't even any clank.