When I turn on my Peavey XXX, what I do is normally I flip both switches, and leave my volume on the guitar off for a minute or 2 before playing. Does that do the same thing as turning on the power, waiting for a minute then turning off standby? Or do you think its hurting my amp?
You're meant to flip power, wait a minute, then flip standby and play- if you do anything else it can shorten the life of your valves.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Erm yerr dont do that, the standy switch just cuts your guitar signal into your amp giving the valves a chance to warm up, i kinda doubt you can do the same thing with your volume knob... Or well, maybe you can, actually I have no idea... But yes, id stick to the old school method. Leave it to warm up.
Thats what my friend Geoff does with his VC15, yet that only has the on button and its a valve amp.
i'm thinking since your amp has a standy switch, it'd just be best to use it.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by sunnysayshi
Thats what my friend Geoff does with his VC15, yet that only has the on button and its a valve amp.

Uhh... no i don't. I usually put the volume on 0 on the amp and switch it on. Then leave it for a couple of minutes...
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Uhh... no i don't. I usually put the volume on 0 on the amp and switch it on. Then leave it for a couple of minutes...

You're not Geoff?
Quote by sunnysayshi
You're not Geoff?

Touché

Wait... so you know two people named Geoff both with VC15s?

Edit: I call BS. Just because i can.
Last edited by guitarcrazy1991 at Nov 17, 2007,
Aha, that's where you're wrong... My friends called Geoff and that guy that posted is called Geoffrey I believe?
^ Uhh... nice triple post there, spam boy.

Anyway... TS, just switch it on and turn the volume to 0 or something. It will be fine.
|What you on about? Anyway when i get the VC30 How do i do the swich again? On then Standby? Or Standby the on then play?
Turn the power on, then after its warmed up, turn the standby on, its different for different amps, but thats basically what to do with the VC30.