sooo...i heard about agile guitars and stuff and i looked at this one..
http://www.rondomusic.com/al-2000greenspalted.html

now i usually follow the old addage, "you get what you pay for" and "if it's too good to be true, it usually is" so is this actually a good buy? if not, any other ideas?

i play stuff ranging from pop-punk, to metal so it's a pretty broad spectrum...

right now i've got an epi g-400 and i'm playing through a line 6 spider II...ya i know that's like the crappiest amp ever but by christmas, (which is when i'll get a new guitar) i'll be getting this as well http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30w-1x10-Guitar-Combo-Amp-102640802-i1145735.gc

sooo...open forum, post away

please and thanks in advance
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Hmm, as much as I think people here, myself included, think the vox is a vast improvement on the spider. My idea would be to just pour the money of getting a new guitar into the amp as well and get something quite special. I only say this coz teh g-400 is a pretty good guitar, I have one and I love it.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
yeah i was kinda considering that option as well...or get the vox and just buy a load of pedals and stuff...maybe throw a bigsby on my g-400

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
I can speak for both Agile guitars and the Vox AD30. I own the AL-3100 Wide (see sig) and its a great guitar. The lower end models have been described as entry level instruments by some and just altogether good by others. I personally think you get a lot more then what you pay for when it comes to Agile guitars. The one you picked is a lower end models but its still a great player and AGF users love their AL-2000. Worst case scenario is if you hate it send it back and get a refund.

As for the Vox its a good little practice amp. The AD series on a whole isn't a gigging amp line imo. Great for at home practice and jamming with friends. You'll have dun messing with the effects and just playing through the amp. Its pretty versatile. It could do some metal well but the amp isn't built for that so don't expect too much in that department. Overall itsa great amp.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Look into maybe getting a cheaper agile as they are good in most cases and putting more to your amp, maybe getting into tube territory.
Nice Avatar BTW.

EDIT: That amp is good but if you start gigging or something you need more power.
if i need a louder amp, how're these?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Frontman-65R-65W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104506092-i1323509.gc

i might just forget the whole agile idea and just throw a tremelo or some emg's or something on my g-400

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
1. You would be better off spending the $570 on an amp.
2. Buying pedals to use with the Valvetronix probably wouldn't be that great since the Valvetronix has so many built in effects.
3. A pickup change on your Epi will probably be barely noticed on your current amp.
4. The Fender Frontman would not be a very good upgrade.
5. You play pop-punk to metal? I would suggest looking for a used Peavey Classic 30 + OD or maybe a Valveking, used Traynor YCV40WR/YCV50Blue, B-52 AT-112 (60 watt), Crate Palomino V32 or V33 212, or a Randall RG50TC.