Just got WoW, tried to install it but it comes up with error code 38 or something...

The installer was unable to read the file "<unknown>". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at --for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the installer. (The data being read was "Repack-MPQ\Data#terrain.MPQ\World\Maps\Kalimdor\Kalimdor_31_24.adt~Patch", and the error code was 38.) If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQFile::Read)

Uhm...I've asked on the WoW forum but they fail and ignore you -.-

And i thought, "i know, i'll ask the pit"... Help pl0x?
Maybe the disc is just dirty as that is one reason given?

Or just wait and try again later.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Best way is to email customer support with the description of your problem, possibly send a screen shot of your problem.
"If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQFile::Read) "

But yeah you're right, we're far more likely to know...
disc may be scratched try getting some of that scratch repair stuff this happened to me as well i ended up installing onto another computer then copying WoW onto my portable HD and moving it over to the computer i want it on
Quote by deanguy
try those scratch remover pens they sell at blockbuster

I work at Blockbuster and have NEVER seen those in my life. But it would be cool if we did..
i think they just sell them so they can rent out scratched dvd's and sell a pen at the same time
if you start playing wow you will loose interest in everything, trust me lol.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
if you start playing wow you will loose interest in everything, trust me lol.

That could be useful...

My friend nearly had sex with an incest-do-er, but WoW saved him!
WoW?! HAHA U SHULD TAEK IT BAK AND GET UR MONEY BAK BECUZ IT R DA SUX0RS!

But looking at the error message it looks like one of the disks might have come scratched. If you still can't get it to work after 15 minutes or so, maybe take it back and get a new WoW to try to install, and if all of this fails just call Blizzard and deal with their tech support.
wow rulez ! screw everyone saying it sucks =D

reinstall, or maybe theres something wront with your cd reader thingy
try going back to the store and reporting the problem
but KEEP YOUR SERIAL WITH YOU ALL TIMES
its gold =)
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
take this oppourtunity to turn back and forget about wow... or else you will turn into golem
Quote by dannehw
Just got WoW, tried to install it but it comes up with error code 38 or something...

Uhm...I've asked on the WoW forum but they fail and ignore you -.-

And i thought, "i know, i'll ask the pit"... Help pl0x?

hmmm, maybe you should contact blizzard's technical support like it suggests, instead of asking the pit.

I can imagine them being far more helpful. You know, that being their job and everything.
Quote by rizo299
hmmm, maybe you should contact blizzard's technical support like it suggests, instead of asking the pit.

I can imagine them being far more helpful. You know, that being their job and everything.

WRONG!!!
the only WoW problem is starting to play it.........
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
If you start playing WoW you'll quit playing as much guitar...

I used to play WoW, and since I quit, my guitar skills have at least quadrupled.

So play your friggin' axe instead.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Clean the disc with a scouring pad and try Company of Heroes instead.

lols
Quote by dannehw
That could be useful...

My friend nearly had sex with an incest-do-er, but WoW saved him!

how has no one asked for details yet?!

DETAILS?!
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by fosho
how has no one asked for details yet?!

DETAILS?!

well....
he was going out with a girl(thing) and she'd just come back from holiday. During this holiday my friend got WoW. When she came back she wanted to **** him however he was to bothered about WoW so it didnt happen. He (and many many many many other people) later found out that she ****ed her brother. She told him herself to get his attention away from WoW and which point he immediatly dumped her and told all his friends.
Quote by the_extremist00
wow rulez ! screw everyone saying it sucks =D

reinstall, or maybe theres something wront with your cd reader thingy
try going back to the store and reporting the problem
but KEEP YOUR SERIAL WITH YOU ALL TIMES
its gold =)

The fact that you play wow is going keep you from screwing anyone that says it sucks. And anyone else. Ever.
I used to play wow aswell, just got too boring for me. And well, some people have actually turned down sex for wow (I'm not one of them btw)
Quote by JilaX^
I used to play wow aswell, just got too boring for me. And well, some people have actually turned down sex for wow (I'm not one of them btw)

People have killed for WoW, people have starved for WoW. But i can safely say I'm not one of them.

I'm a casual player, it's taken me 2 years to get to level 50