rock monkey guitar pickups any good?
cheers
and whats this about 10% discount?
Last edited by randomcomicboy at Nov 17, 2007,
i have a set. i love it. freaking awesome. the end.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Why do UG members get a 10% discount? that's freakin sweet!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
cuz the winder (owner) of the company himself is a UGer as well. hahaha.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Because he's going to be reading this thread soon, haha.
Do some research before ou ask, he's got plenty of clips on his website, lots of info, includnig his username on UG.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Bossman123
Why do UG members get a 10% discount? that's freakin sweet!

Because I know that most of you are broke. I know what it's like to be young, broke, and wish I could afford something nice. I'm hoping that by offering you all a discount it'll make it so you can actually afford it. I'm also hoping that the discount will encurage you to tell other people what a great deal you got. It makes for a win win situation.
Not taking any online orders.
^ it'll boost the UG membership lol, hope your still making good profit
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
They sound great!

These are high contenders if the Strat needs new pups!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by CorduroyEW
Because I know that most of you are broke. I know what it's like to be young, broke, and wish I could afford something nice. I'm hoping that by offering you all a discount it'll make it so you can actually afford it. I'm also hoping that the discount will encurage you to tell other people what a great deal you got. It makes for a win win situation.

u win.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^

Quote by Gabel
They sound great!

These are high contenders if the Strat needs new pups!

Thanks. Just wait untill I get a chance to put up my new sound clips. I've recently overhauled my amp and took a lot of the crackling and fizz out of it. I also gave the bass half of it a vintage marshall voice while keeping the fender voice on the guitar half and I added a switchable cathode bias so I can get smooth singing overdrive rather than the typical gritty blackface overdrive; it's actually really cool. After Christmas (my busy season) I'm going to but up clips that really show off things like the beefbucker and I'll be getting single coil clips up that are actually smooth.
Quote by CorduroyEW

that's cool.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CorduroyEW

Serious respect man!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
That depends on the amp you are using, the guitar you have, and the style of music you want to play. High midrange means different things to different people so I need a little more information to let me know what it means to you and so that I can know how the pickup will perform in your amp.
Quote by CorduroyEW

what pickups would you suggest for me, i like to play a lotta blues and classic rock but everyonce in a while i enjoy a little metallica, i do hendrix, sabbath, ratm, srv, nirvana, ten years after, lotta zeppelin, pink floyd, some trippy music and some van halen ( mainly his tappings)
oh yah i have a mia strat w/ nitro finish rosewood fingerboard and a seymour duncan 84/40 and vj
^that a lot of different types of music. Because of all the different sounds you want and the fact that some are pretty heavy, I'd suggest you do the simple cheap conversion to make your guitar into a fat strat. Then put something slightly hotter than a PAF like a slightly overwound version of my Cool Heritage. If a true humbucker is not an option then I'd suggest you get a humbucker the fits in a single slot. I'm told that DiMarzio does a better job with the single sized humbucker but I don't really know.

For the neck pickup I'd suggest something that is true vintgage. Blues guys love my '62 Smooth Groove and my Smooth Groove Custome Extra Warm. They are bright, and smooth without a lot of midrange giving them a "bell like chime" that is perfect for blues. For your middle pickup you might want to go with another smooth groove but for the sake of versatility I'd probably go with either a Swingin' Cool or a Swingin' Warm. My Swingin' Singles have more midrange and less high end giving them a voice that is much more modern. The Swingin' Cool is what most people would considar "underwound" which gives it a voice similar to what stock strat pickups had in the 60's. The swingin warm is overwound to give you a bit more midrange hump.
Quote by CorduroyEW
Blues guys love my '62 Smooth Groove and my Smooth Groove Custome Extra Warm.

i do!
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
well
i'm gonna stick them in my Epiphone G400 Deluxe, with my marshall avt150 and i wanna get a kind of fall of troy sound. i know i would get a much more close sound if i got an orange amp, but they are a bit hefty for me -.-
That Beefbucker looks mighty enticing.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
CorderouyEW
Hey, i have a epi lp custom. i play a lot of punk & pop punk. I also do some hard rock like black Sabbath and Guns and Roses. What would be a good bridgepickup for that? For the neck i want something for blues. A thick creamy rich sound that has good cleans but can hit smooth overdriven tones. thanks
I was very close to buying a set of RMP's. But, by the sound clips, they sound pretty awesome.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator