i just got home from guitar center, and i was playing a jackson dinky for most of the time. it was on sale for 500, but i also like the fender showmaster. the 1 schecter i wanna play, they dont have in stores, and im not buying it w/o playing it. i didnt really wanna spend more then 400 but i found nothing in that range that i liked...

im so confused... please give me sum advice

I DONT WANT A NEW AMP
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Last edited by seizetheday1103 at Nov 17, 2007,
Quote by Danno13
Get a new amp.

+1029837439021

Marshall MG is teh suck.

For $500, you might be able to find a used Peavey 5150 combo on eBay. If you don't want to deal with that, then look for something from the Vox Valvetronics line or a Roland Cube 60. Or just save up for an all-tube stack like a 6505 or Marshall JCM... or one of the many other amazing stacks out there =)
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
i dont want a new amp, i just want a new guitar. im not in a band, im not recording... its just a hobby. i played the guitar through an MG and it sounded fine. not amazing, but fine. i really dont have anything else to say. i dont even know why i bother to ask for advice on a ****ing message board
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Last edited by seizetheday1103 at Nov 18, 2007,
Ibanez RG3EXQM or whatever the hell its called.

Swap the trem later if it starts to crap out.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by p.stick
Ibanez RG3EXQM or whatever the hell its called.

Swap the trem later if it starts to crap out.

they dont have that at my guitar center, but its a guitar that has caught my eye. and the 1 i c has no trem

and thanks for not being a dick like every1 else... im just frustrated
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
We aren't trying to be dicks. We all know how terrible the MG is, and if it's better sound you're looking for, then a new guitar won't help that much. A good amp will improve your sound by a rather large multitude.

But, if we can't convince you of that, or if you just don't care about your sound and only want more comfort and playability, then I suggest the Dinky. But, which one were you looking at? the DKMG, DKMGT, DK2M...? All are great, but each suited to slightly different types of players. If you are all out metal and love having a trem, then the DKMG is for you. If your a metalhead but don't want the hassle of a Floyd, go DKMGT. If you want a little more versatility than just plain metal, then DK2M. I believe there's more but I can't think of them. Just stay away from the DXMG, as the pickups are no good, especially compared to other guitars in its price range.
all i know is it didnt have a floyd, it had an 81/85 set and was on sale for 500. the guy sed that it was a dinky and thats it. i havent found the actual 1 online. they sed that once they sll the 2 they have left, they wont b getting them any more, thant y theyre on sale. i think he sed theyre originally 650-ish
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
also, if i ONLY played standing up, i would get a V shaped guitar, like a RR or and actual flying V. but i play sitting done alot, so it would b too awkward. does this make sense ro shoudl i just get a V shape?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103

I DONT WANT A NEW AMP

yes, you do. you just don't realize it yet.

you can always haggle on the price at guitar center. they're salesman working for commission. if you get a cool salesman that wants a deal, he'll bite if it's within reason.

personally, I usually don't try and get prices down on guitars, but rather a free case. it usually isn't an issue unless I'm buying something cheap.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
ok, if i do need a new amp, what should i get for metal-ish stuff in the 15-20 watt range?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
any1? any1 at all to recommend a good 15-20 watt amp for metal?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
^ Peavey Windsor Studio, with an overdrive depending the kind of metal...
Are you buying a new guitar for a better tone or for better playability? I get the feeling your Squier is crap. buy a guitar if you're happy with your amp. thats what counts. Also, you were looking at a Jackson DKMG.
Quote by CJRocker
Are you buying a new guitar for a better tone or for better playability? I get the feeling your Squier is crap. buy a guitar if you're happy with your amp. thats what counts. Also, you were looking at a Jackson DKMG.

thank you!!!! finally sum1 who doesnt give me **** about wanting a better guitar over a better amp.

and for the guy who posted b4 cj rocker, i mean like avenged sevenfold, atreyu, bullet for my valentine, system of a down metal... and yea, i know, thats a wide range
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by Op3a
^ Peavey Windsor Studio, with an overdrive depending the kind of metal...

how much is that and where can it be found? im not spending more than, 2-250$ on an amp IF i decide to get a new 1
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
ok, can u think of a metal/hard rock amp in my price range?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
^ If you want the guitar, buy the guitar... The users here just want to help you
im just curious as to my other options
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
imo you should get a different amp.
15-20 watts would be like getting an amp just like the one you have.

but yeah the jackson dinky's are very nice from what ive tried.
u commented on my thread so i'll do yours just make sure u read this seize the day
i was in your exact situation this summer and i had a fender blues jr. then i got a marshall mg 50dfx then for like 50 bucks more i got a peavey valveking 112 combo
get the peavey it is a great amp trust me
well, i dont need more then 15-20 watts, i usually keep my volume on 3 or 4 and its good enough. once in a while i jam w. my friend and the volume is good so im sticking to that power. any specific suggestions? and yea, i love the dinky
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
the valveking is too much for me dude but thanks
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
if the jackson had no trem it was a dkmgt, i have the dk2m in eerie dess. its an awesome guitar! looks, fit, finish, playability. mine has seymours so i cannot comment on the emgs.
Get a new amp. I don't care if you don't want one just get a new amp.
I Like Cake
get the jackson i was checking out ibanez's and i asked the guy if there was another brand for cheaper and maybe better he brought out a jackson dinky with emg pickups and a licensed floyd rose system 24 frets and it played so wonderfully smooth i was in love with it
Dinkys are awesome, everyone should own one. So buy that, but do plan on upgrading your amp sometime in the near future.
Yeah that one is definitely the DKMGT. Still an awesome guitar.

But I still say get a new amp. The MG won't do those EMG's justice at all, nor does my own Spider POS. 5150 off of ebay, man. Exactly what I'm doing once I get enough money. There is always a few on there selling for around $500-$600.
i just got my amp back from repair and now i hear that it does indeed suck. so what i think im gonan do it buy the dinky since there r only 2 left, and then get a new amp when i get a job
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
good choice and from a personal suggestion ive got my dinky hooked up to a spider 3 (30 watts) and its pretty sick
PM copius about it, and i have a feeling ur gonna get alot of **** about saying u have a spider 3. i think im gonna get and amp, then save for the Dinky, or buy the dinky and when i get a job get an amp
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
It won't be very good if you are getting a DKMG(T). You'd still be better off saving up for a decent tube amp or a used 5150 off of ebay.
like, rite now im thinking of buying the dinky and asking for a new amp for christmas, or buying a new amp and saving for another guitar when i get a job...
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
what amp under like, 250$ is recommended for the clearest distortion/over drive? im looking into crates, peaveys and vox's
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112