So I have a Dell Latitude C600 and a HP Pavilion 6734. These both suck a lot.

The Dell has a Intel Pentium III, 697Mhz, and 256mb of RAM. This has Windows XP Professional.
The HP has an Intel Celeron, 631Mhz, and 310mb of RAM. Has Windows XP home edition.

Am I like really sucking on the scale of computers?

I want a new computer, but I don't have 500+ dollars, I have under 200.

How could I make one of these computers run better for not a lot of money?

As in make it like a 500 dollar computer but only spend a little, would that be possible, or is there processors and **** too old or crappy?
Start here : http://www.compusa.com/
and look around.
They have decent prices.
When they have special sales, they have damn good prices.
Look for a Motherboard, CPU, and memory.
well... you have a dell... and in my experience... they are pretty much crap not matter what
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by killedbyaspork
well... you have a dell... and in my experience... they are pretty much crap not matter what

...how? They're mostly an amalgamation of fairly standard parts from other companies.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Yeah you're not exactly on the high end on either of them,
But you can buy some extra ram for them, 1 GB of extra ram shouldn't be over 80$
Well if your current monitor is OK and you only want to do anything except games, then check out this:

http://www.ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/Compaq-Evo-P4-1.5Gb-Base-Unit-384Mb-RAM.-20Gb-HDD.-3D-Card-Refurbished-pr-20177.html

awesome eh?

P.S. It doesn't come with Windows XP but has a license sticker, so you only need to borrow the disk off a mate.

My Website

Sometimes I make people spurt:
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
sigged for making me spurt guiness on my laptop...damn you!

Quote by imdeth

Jimmy that was pure awesomeness. WIN!
Quote by suffer some
...how? They're mostly an amalgamation of fairly standard parts from other companies.

I dunno but all the ones I've used have been ****.... maybe I just haven't found a good one. I dunno. My gf has a decent dell laptop but its still bad
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by jimmyjimbo72
Well if your current monitor is OK and you only want to do anything except games, then check out this:

http://www.ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/Compaq-Evo-P4-1.5Gb-Base-Unit-384Mb-RAM.-20Gb-HDD.-3D-Card-Refurbished-pr-20177.html

awesome eh?

P.S. It doesn't come with Windows XP but has a license sticker, so you only need to borrow the disk off a mate.

I live in the US, do that have that anywhere else cause they don't ship to here.
And how much would that be in dollars?
Well, I believe that $500 = £250, and for £250, you aint gonna get a good computer, so why do you want yours to replicate it, they sound better than what I waould get for £250..
Quote by blink182plus44
I live in the US, do that have that anywhere else cause they don't ship to here.
And how much would that be in dollars?

Ah I didn't see that on their website mate.

But in dollars it would be about $180.

If you can find any other websites that are selling refurbed stock like this and they ship to the US, then go for it!

My Website

Sometimes I make people spurt:
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
sigged for making me spurt guiness on my laptop...damn you!

Quote by imdeth

Jimmy that was pure awesomeness. WIN!
*cough*GET A MAC*cough*

ok macs are expensive...but worth it

but anyway....some computer stuff is cheap-you can get 2 USB 2.0 ports for £5 (about $10) but some stuff IS expensive
Gear:

Fender Highway One Strat
Ibanez RG321MH
Cort SFX-1
Peavey Valveking 112
Marshall MG30DFX
Morley Power Wah
Mapex VX 22 (drum kit)
Mahalo flying V ukulele