Roky Erickson is a f*cking genius, and is my favourite artist at the moment.

He also had the best album title of all time - "Sympathy for the Record Industry"

I finally found his hard rock cover of the VU's "Heroin" and was not dissapointed.

Anyone else a fan?

Anyone want to hear this cover? (pm's to brian!)
If you don't like Brian, which is plausible, send me a pm with your email address included instead and I'll forward the email he sent me with the song.
I like the 13th Floor Elevators. I can't say I've heard more than a few songs aside from the Elevators. I wasn't aware that he was the inventor of 'Sympathy...', but the record label of the same name is one of my favorites.
That might just be the name of the label the album's on (the evil one), my wmp info is dodgy.

But OK, the best record label nameever.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Wasn't he the son of erik the red who landed on Newfie and killed the Skraelings?

Indeed.

You've gotta love Vikings.
Dinner is nice, but Roky in the punk forum? Admittedly I haven't heard any of Roky's solo stuff, but I love The 13th Floor Elevators. Is his solo stuff Elevators-esque at all?
I don't care. I've posted the thread here.

If anyone has any objections, be my guest and report it and ask for it to be moved.
Can't be bothered. Just thought it was a bit peculiar. So, what's his solo stuff like?
Last edited by European Son at Nov 18, 2007,
Good.

Nice and rock and roll-y, musically.

It's a bit nerdy though, vampires and the like, you know.

A lot of his solo stuff is also on "casting the runes" with the explosives.
Quote by opivy21
Is this from before or after he was in the mental hospital?

LSD is a hell of a drug.
^LSD is great fun. Especially when you get stranded in central London on halloween but it can be pretty crazy. Once my friend thought his c0ck had gone gangrene.

I love the 13th Floor Elevators but I haven't really checked into Roky Eriksons solo stuff. The best thing about the Elevators is the jug man though.
Quote by European Son
Dinner is nice, but Roky in the punk forum? Admittedly I haven't heard any of Roky's solo stuff, but I love The 13th Floor Elevators. Is his solo stuff Elevators-esque at all?

Thankfully, most of Roky's solo stuff isn't as terrible as the Elevators.

As much as I detest 98% of Roky's annoying music, "You're Gonna Miss Me" is a garage punk classic.
(I like Roky's voice and the band is okay, but the lyrics are drug-addled and stupid and that jug makes me want to take hostages everytime I hear it.)

His song "Bermuda" is a rocker and it was on a 1978 Virgin punk compilation called "Guillotine".

His song "Burn The Flames" is also on the Return Of The Living Dead" soundtrack.
If you haven't seen the film, it features punks and the soundtrack, in addition to having Roky on it, features punk bands like The Damned, Cramps, Flesheaters, 45 Grave and TSOL.

(Invalid img)
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
^Is it a good movie?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
^Judging by it's cover it's just a cheesy zombie flick(Which I love). But I've never seen the movies so don't listen to me.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by RizzoWashburn
^Is it a good movie?

i heard that it's a real scream for chiller fans.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Ska Wars
i heard that it's a real scream for chiller fans.

Yeah, I thought I read that it the Washington Post...
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
You're trying to tell me that the film has ONE nude scene?

Christ, movies these days.

If I made an american film, it would be full of solo mastrubation scenes, with a punk soundtrack, of course.

And there'd be a bukkake scene where the girl with the poser mohawk gets it good.

And there'd be a scene where this punk goes round raping Jocks and Cheerleaders, and 30 years later when they're in the house of representatives, and someone mentions rape, bam - flashback.

I think I'd be a great filmwriter