Hey everybody, I was just wondering what recording programs we all use. I personally use Acid Music Studio 7 but haven't figured it all out yet. lol.
Yeah but doesn't pro tools requrie a hard-ware component?
Funky c, Funky do
I use a bunch of different stuff. It doesn't really matter to me.

Reaper, Logic Express, Cubase LE, Cubase SX3, Pro Tools, Cakewalk Sonar

Probably gonna upgrade Express to Logic 8 soon.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I take it Ardour's mac/linux only?

You are correct But a windows port is planned.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
You are correct But a windows port is planned.

Excellent.

I can't wait to try it out.

If it really is better than pro tools I'll sell my MBox.

Or I could probably just use the MBox with Ardour...
Digital Performer

I use Garageband when recording simple, on the fly stuff.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
I'm gonna start my own studio once i acquire all the stuff. cause it's really not that hard.

just eat 27 chalupas with fire sauce the day before you meet em then when they try something **** your pants

Gear List:
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Squire Sp-10
ProTools with an MBox 2 Mini. I also run the old, 5.5 version of Logic Audio Platinum for MIDI editing and because I have a lot of instruments for the EXS 24mkII. I'm looking into complementing those with a 2nd Win app. that can do VST to get to use some plugins and instruments I like. The old Logic is usually able to keep up but something newer wouldn't be unwelcome. I have my sights set on a free version of Samplitude 9 SE. We'll see how it goes.
Logic Studio 8 and Garageband (I'm on a Mac).
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I use Digital Performer mostly for my recordings... does my midi stuff great, has an awesome interface (if you believe the reviews arguabely the best interface) and is KINDA a mix between protools and logic. I use Logic 8 for all my midi and sample based stuff for my dance music and junk like that... also when i need to do something that i cant find in DP. I am looking around for a 002 rack to get protools just so i can learn it though, and i'll get around to buying cubase one of these days. I figure... if your good at all of em... then your more valuable than someone who cant use anything but protools.
Quote by Gibsonfreak69
cause it's really not that hard.

You will be very bad at it. It's very hard. You have alot to learn.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Last edited by TehNez at Nov 18, 2007,
Well seeing as I made the sticky thread with the list of recording programs out there it'd be silly to say that I only use one :P I mostly use Cubase SX3 (I would upgrade but I just bought some new KRK RP-8 studio monitors for ~$500, boy did they beat the crap out of the competition in a listening test) and Adobe Audition, never migrated to the Mac. If you stay true to simple rules like getting the best recording to start, having the musicians perform a rock-solid take, and using proper room acoustics, the program you use to mix isn't too too important--unless you are doing SFX/broadcasting/extreme artistics.

The best program I can recommend is called the Audio Wizard Pro Ear Trainer. This program is designed to do what real music schools teach, or at least a portion of it. This program teaches you to recognize what different boosts and cuts at certain frequencies sound like, and to apply them to your recordings. They have a 7 day demo and this program only costs $50 - http://www.audiowizardproeartrainer.com/ - try out the demo and get ready to learn.
Quote by les_paul_01
In Soviet Russia, song copyrights you!