Poll: Which Backing Track?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Backing Track?
Am Dorian Progression. Rock. A bit of E7 at the end for Harmonic minor fun.
26 24%
Grateful Deadish 2 chord vamp. An easy G mixlodyian jam.
15 14%
12 Bar Blues. Rockish sort of feel.
38 35%
B Phrygian progression. Rock.
31 28%
Voters: 110.
Page 1 of 4
First we need to pick a new backing track.

Quote by edg
Hey all, I've uploaded an mp3 to my profile called "MT Backing Track Sampler".

It's got 5 samples of basically 1x thru a progression:

1) "Machine Gun". Just Bass & Drums. Em Pentatonic fun. [HAS BEEN, USED NOT A POLL OPTION]
2) Am Dorian Progression. Rock. A bit of E7 at the end for Harmonic minor fun.
3) Grateful Deadish 2 chord vamp. One of my favorites. An easy G mixlodyian jam.
4) 12 Bar Blues. Rockish sort of feel.
5) B Phrygian progression. Rock.

No jazz this time. Kind of rough cuts right now...

Profile link here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/member.php?u=195422

Da rulez:

In brief, if you want to take part you download the backing track, record your solo, then send your solo to the organiser. They will then compile all the solos to play in turn over the looped backing track, the result being a huge track showcasing many members take on the same track, known as a jam

If you'd like to take part, simply post in this thread so you can be added to the list of participants, then follow the steps below.

1) Download the backing track from http://ug-jams.dmusic.com/

2) Record your solo over the track.

3) Email an mp3 file containing your solo mixed down with the backing track to ug-jams@hotmail.co.uk. Please include your username in the email so you can be given credit, or if you're shy say that you'd prefer not to be named on the list of participants.

4) Wait until the finished track is posted at http://ug-jams.dmusic.com/, then listen and enjoy

The deadline is the 1st of December. Once the tracks are in I'll make the full track and hopefully have it up on the Sunday.

Since last time we used the Machine Gun backing track, that is no longer a poll option

The B phrygian backing track is the one that will be used and is available to download off dmusic at the above link.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Last edited by sinan90 at Nov 22, 2007,
What key is the Blues in?

And unless otherwise stated, I'm in. Might need some help with the chord progression if it isn't the blues, as my ear is horrible, but it should be fine.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Last edited by gm jack at Nov 17, 2007,
Quote by branny1982
please dont make me play 12 bar blues

DORIAN ROCK!!!!

Why not the blues? Got a fear of the simple?
Founder of Jaco society

well I voted B phrygian but seeing the results.... I'm looking out for some blues. :p Now to figure out what patch to use.... :P
Blues seems so simple at first, yet a lot of people have trouble with it. Learning
how to play it can be very instructive. Follow the chord changes and don't think
you have to just play the blues scale over everything.

A lot of rock comes from blues and THE most frequently played jazz is basically a
blues progression...
Is it just me or would it be cool to play some blues things over the "grateful deadish" track?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I have a habit of trying to put blues over everything. Blues or the weird jazz/classical mix i try to play.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by vigenharutyunya
So how can we download the mp3 file?

I'm pretty sure they're gonna post it on the dmusic page after this poll decides which track will be used.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I think most of us are for the B phrygian idea. I think its between that and the 12 bar blues.
blues godamnit!
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
I'll use whatever has the most votes when I get home from school on Tuesday.
Founder of Jaco society

Im gonna be all upset if blues doen't win.
Bitter, bitter irony...
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
i vote B phrygian, easy scale and i can do alot with something in B phrygian. blues is.... well, blues is too easy!!! i hope for b phrygian, i wanna tear it up
Voted for B phrygian just to try something new. Does it matter if i use my acoustic?
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
+1, variety is good.

By the way sorry for not making this thread when I said I would, my internet connection broke temporarily.
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Ok, the winner is the B phrygian backing track, as soon as I stick the backing track on dmusic I'll give a deadline for them to be in. (Probably a week after the backing track goes on.)
Founder of Jaco society

How much time does each person have?

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all
How much time does each person have?

However long the backing track is going to last.

Quote by ( o )===#
I want of the in.

Msg me about it

Just keep an eye on the thread. If i accept one persons message request, then loads of people will have one.
Founder of Jaco society

Page 1 of 4