Have any of you ever heard his song called "Rhapsody in Blue"?

it is PURE sex...

pt. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiyc9Ak3EtQ&feature=related
pt. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOcuvv01nO4&feature=related

it's music like this that gets so little attention in our society, even though it is so much more magical and beautiful than most things out there.... what is your stance on the subject?
Gershwin is great.

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
I love that piece, I started adapting it for guitars and bass once, but I gave up, it was too long, and I need to learn more theory.
George Gershwin unappreciated? Man it is truly fun to see enlightenment as it happens.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
George Gershwin unappreciated? Man it is truly fun to see enlightenment as it happens.

hm? do you mean that he IS appreciated? or what? i'm failing to understand the sarcasm here
Quote by CoreysMonster
hm? do you mean that he IS appreciated? or what? i'm failing to understand the sarcasm here

He is very appreciated imo. I think it may be a generational thing. George and Ira Gershwin wrote so many things that you have heard but may not know where they are from. I hear Gershwin's music almost daily in commercials. No he's not unappreciated just maybe fading from the collective memory. Ask you parents and grandparents they know who he and his brother are.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by CoreysMonster

Talk to some people who like jazz, then you'll find out. There are so many standards that are written by Gershwin.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
There is something called pop-music. Pop is an abbreviation for popular. This music is so popular because people like it, hence the name. Gershwin is not popular in the sense that he will sell millions of records and have promo videos on MTV and be played all over MySpace, but he's definitely appreciated.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
There is something called pop-music. Pop is an abbreviation for popular. This music is so popular because people like it, hence the name. Gershwin is not popular in the sense that he will sell millions of records and have promo videos on MTV and be played all over MySpace, but he's definitely appreciated.

Hard to make videos when you're dead. He and his brother were the top money making musicians of their time.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I thought this was going to be a joke thread...

Now it just reminds me of the kids in lit class that thought "A Modest Proposal" was supposed to be a serious suggestion.
He's very well known.

What on earth are you talking about?
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Unappreciated? I don't think so.

But yeah, I think it is a generation thing. I'm one of 4-5 people in my entire high school that listens to and/or plays jazz.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
well, i meant unappreciated in the sense that he isn't in the spotlight very much these days, and not TOO many people know about him (unless you're into jazz)

I had no idea, for instance, that he was such a famous guy.