Well I had some trouble with the wiring in my SG, and I decided to redo it, but I had a volume and tone pot screwed up (dont know why) but I got an alpha pot to replace the volume one, and it works great, and I decided to wire them both to one tone pot, cause thats all I need anywayz, I was thinking about using the other to isntall the black ice mod or something....

ANYWAYZ...

After trying varous things I cant get a desired result. I ordered some sprague orange drop 0.022 capacitors and they work great, but my problem still is not solved...

First I wired both of my volume pots with two capactors to the same lug on a tone pot, and this caused some sort of wavy signal in the guitar, im not sure how to explain it, but thats not what I wanted...

I then took someone elses suggestion, to wire one volume pot to the other and then use a the last volume pot and wire it to the tone pot, but this seemed to link my two pickups together (which I guess is kinda obvious now) and it sounded like the pickup switch was in the middle posistion, both of the pickups where activated, and changing the pickup switch made no difference to the sound (although the tone pot did work very well, haha)

Now what I want to do is link things up to the pickup switch, and not link them together, so then only one signal would be activated at a time. But one thing I noticed was that the switch was wired to the middle lug on the pots, and I dont know what this does!

as always thanks for your responses and any ideas or suggestions would be great
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Ok, think of pots like this: Looking at the back of a pot, the metal side, with the lugs pointed up, the right lug is where the signal from the pickup goes into. The left lug gets connected to ground. The center lug is the wiper, and gets connected to signal out.

The common of your selector switch (usually the middle lug) should connect to the tone pot. The outs from the two volumes should be connected to either end of the selector switch.

Or, you could do it this way too:

http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/stockgibson.gif
Last edited by Losenger at Nov 17, 2007,
well I rewired it again, using a seymour duncan diagram and it works great now.

I even added the black ice mod on my spare pot, unfortunately your suppose to have 250k pots, but all my spare pots are 500k's, but it seems to work pretty well.

Doesnt work well with a distortion pedal, or the gain channel, makes the gain a little warmer sounding, but it really shines on the clean channel, with the black ice mod cranked, it has a nice warm bluesy OD to it, haha i love it
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial