ok, i played guitars like a mother today, i was in my local shop for like 3 hours and i think i played a total of 6 or seven different guitars. i narrowed it down to the Highway One Strat (SSS) and the American Standard Ash body (HSS). i rly love both of these guitars, but they are different from each other, so i have to decide between the two. lol which will be fun because those both are rly stratty guitars.

but anyways, thats my job. what my real question is. should i try to get more money and go with an american deluxe (HSS)?? im rly unsure about the whole noiseless thing. it seems to me that would kinda take away from the strat sounds that im looking for, is that true? or am i just a noob? and what makes the deluxe so much better than the highway one or the standard that it costs so much more??
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
the noiseless pickups sound a bit more 'flat' (not necesarily in a bad way) and compressed.( compared to the 57/62 pickups)
i don't know what you consider 'strat tone', but i thought it still sounded pretty stratty. not raw (in a good way) like the 57/62 pups, and that's why i chose the am vintage strat over the deluxe.
i didn't try a standard, but i guess the noiseless pups still sound better than those on the std. (i'm not sure though)
it also has that S1 switching thingy, which is cool, but you can do it yourself if you want too (which is what i'm gonna do on my strat)
an american deluxe is a really cool giutar, but not my style.
Last edited by The red Strat. at Nov 17, 2007,
Ok yea i should have specified a little better. the strat tone im talking about is the sort of "bell tone" that more modern clapton has and john mayer sort of sound. lol im kinda in an odd position tho cause i want that sorta tone and then i want to be able to do some fairly heavy distortion. thats why im lookin at the highway ones and the fat strats.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Well, the "bell tone" is usually achieve from the neck single coil and middle p/up and the humbucker gives u that crunchy sound and some ppl i know of DO NOT like noiseless as "it kills the strat sound" but thats thier opinion,so many some testing of diff guitars will help alot
Quote by FenderStRaT RS
Well, the "bell tone" is usually achieve from the neck single coil and middle p/up and the humbucker gives u that crunchy sound and some ppl i know of DO NOT like noiseless as "it kills the strat sound" but thats thier opinion,so many some testing of diff guitars will help alot

well i kno where the sounds come from, i meant the pups. thats why i like the other strats cause of their combination of awesome single coils, and a awesome humbucker in teh case of the HSS. and the SSS highway one has awesome crunch on its own.

but yea i guess i jsut need to get out their and try it out, but i just wanted to get some ideas about why the deluxe's are so much more expensive and whats special about noise cancelling
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
man, i feel like an idiot, I just made a post just like yours.. is the american deluxe worth the extra $250?
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by SoccerRM1
man, i feel like an idiot, I just made a post just like yours.. is the american deluxe worth the extra $250?

lol dont dude, your good. i just answered yours. but yea, the drift im getting is that the deluxe has a few more gadgets and niceties that you have to determine if they will be useful to you, if not, then save yourself some money!
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional