Sorry if this is a noobie question:

I have a Marshall 1960 cab and a Mesa Dual Rectifier. Have been playing electric fo r a afew years and just bought an Acoustic guitar. I have a condenser mic and a mixing board. Can I mic the acoustic guitar, go into the mixing board then directly to my 1960 cab or am I missing a piece to the puzzle? DONT TELL ME TO BUY ANYTHING, I just want to know if I can get away with mic'ing the acoustic guitar with what I have already
Jackson DXMGT
EMG 81/85 Pickups

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 3 Channel

Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss RV-5 Reverb
Boss CE-5 Chorus
Fender PT-100
Quote by ygokazuki
no.
the mixer puts out a line-level signal.
a cab needs a power amp before it.

Yup, exactly!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
ok let me ask you this, can I plug it right into my tube amp? Yes i know an acoustic amp sounds better, but if so, should I plug it in the input before the preamp or just plug it into the return effects loop to bypass the preamp?
Jackson DXMGT
EMG 81/85 Pickups

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 3 Channel

Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss RV-5 Reverb
Boss CE-5 Chorus
Fender PT-100
I'm pretty sure you can play it through your recto, but put it in the regular input jack, and just play it on your clean channel. It should be fine.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
mic's tend to feed back like a mofo. prob better off direct lining it in.(wt a soundhole pup) either way, volume low.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011