Hey.

Ive been playing for 6 years now and i have my fair share of guitars.

Recently ive got back into playing my first squier, modded a few weeks ago.

I had the bridge floating, then a few days back a string broke.

While it was stringless i knocked the springs out when it fell over, i then reattatche them.

Today i put the usual .11s on and the bridge, which i had sprung, then screwed flat against hte body came up at a vicious / angle.

I tried tighteing the screws fully, didnt do anything.

My current resort is pushing the block forward and trappinga 9v battery behind it.

Help..?

Cheers

Coaxke
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.
just take it to a guitar store, sounds easy to fix. i'm sure it's not any real damage, the springs probably just need adjusting
You have to re-string the guitar so to speak. It happened to me....

Loosen the strings and then tighten them back up going from fat to skinny. Do it slowly and it should cure the problem.
How many springs are you using?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

you might need to add an extra springs for help. but it should only take a minute.

did you put the springs back in a "V" shape?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I have 3 on, and put em in the normal 1 gap 1 gap 1 setting..

Ill give the "re string" one a go ..

Any moe help please?
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.
Quote by Coaxke
Hey.

I had the bridge floating, then a few days back a string broke.

Coaxke

Question: What does it mean to have the bridge floating?

(I know its off topic but no need to make a new thread :P)
When you have the ability to pull the bar up to raise the pitch of hte strings.

I had it like that, despite the fact i lost the trem arm years ago, useda screwdrive to do Dimebag squeals, worked, stayedi n tune, just not best method..

Appears to have worked, just not totally flush against the body :/

I lulzed.
sorry, i didnt understand.

so did you put them in a V? cause that's got more pull as compared to the lll setup.

so do that and work with the screws.

you still might need to switch to 4 springs tho.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It was in a 3 in a line, not V.

Im gonna go down to my local guitar shop during my exam leave this week and get 2 more springs, stopped using the trem, its not a floyd, so why abuse it?

Cheers for hte advice fellas

I lulzed.
Quote by Coaxke
When you have the ability to pull the bar up to raise the pitch of hte strings.

I had it like that, despite the fact i lost the trem arm years ago, useda screwdrive to do Dimebag squeals, worked, stayedi n tune, just not best method..

Appears to have worked, just not totally flush against the body :/

many trems have the ability to pull up the bar. a floating bridge is a bridge that has no physical connection to the rest of the guitar. your normal strat trem or other bridge is normally screwed into the guitar right? floating bridges ride on 2 post that are connected to the guitar, not attached to the guitar itself. yes this allows the trem to be farther away from the guitar and more flexible (movable) allowing more bending in both directions more than a standard trem.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Last edited by hoondog at Nov 17, 2007,
Its a strat trem, just floated up

I lulzed.
if you're going into your local guitar shop, why not take your guitar with you and ask them?