so, i play jazz, blues-rock, soul, and r and b. think srv, stevie wonder, mo town, ray charles, abd bb king. i mainly play through a fender mim strat, which is about 3 years old, and a fender hrd amp. i almost have the tone i want. my cleans are near perfect, and my od (currently no pedal) is almost perfect. eventualy i will build a tubescreamer and replace my pickups, but which one should i do first. tell me your reasoning please.
and thank you so much for your help.
Quote by stephen_rettie
pickups mefinks cause thats a quick fix and then you can enjoy them while doing up your tubescreamer

if he doesn't have a decent amp, a pup change will be a total waste of money.
TS- what amp are you using?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
^
Quote by chea_man
fender hrd amp.

RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
^

Hush you!
Sorry TS
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
yeah a fender hot rod deluxe. i love the amp.
i get a perfect jazz sound from it and my vintage gibson es 175 with p90s.
if i were you, probably replace pups before you build a tube screamer.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
well, ok. thanks. i was hopeing for many replies and maybe some reasons for getting that first, but thanks for the help.
Id go with the OD personally, its not as if the stock pick-ups on a guitar as good as yours are gonna suck. Plus if your tone is as perfect as you say it is, then why bother? OD pedal first for sure Id say, see how that fits into your overall tone. If it still lacks in some way then think about a pick up change. Bareknuckle make some sweeeeeeet P-90s by the way, the clips are awesome on the website.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30
thanks. i see your point. but still i wonder if my cleans will be EVEN better with newe pickups. thats why i cant decide, i play pretty even, about 50% clean, 50% dirty.