Ashdown. Ampeg are not great unless you go for the high end tube heads.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Thanks. Now it's just a matter of finding a good deal on that Ashdown amp. It's hard to find Ashdown stuff up here in Canada.
Boo Gallien Krueger! Get the ashdown, if you want a trademark sound get the ampeg.

If you play through an ampeg, everyone's going to go, "Hey that guys playing through an ampeg!"

But if you get an ashdown, "Hey where's that chest thumping bass coming from?"

So for these reasons and many more, that's why you should get the Ashdown!
Quote by FbSa
Boo Gallien Krueger! Get the ashdown, if you want a trademark sound get the ampeg.

If you play through an ampeg, everyone's going to go, "Hey that guys playing through an ampeg!"

The B-series Ampegs don't really sound like Ampegs in my opinion, they're just pretty average sounding SS amps.

I agree on getting the Ashdown though, they're fantastic amps.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by FbSa

I'm actually an Ashdown myself, I own an ABM, but I was just suggesting that the GK could be a very good option to take. Isn't the main reason to go GK the fact that they're so versatile and transparent?
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
In adtion to ashdown, take a look at Warwick. They have some very high quality stuff for a great price.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Tranman
This Warwick amp isn't too pricey: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-ProFet-3.2-300W-Bass-Amp-Head?sku=483062

That GK amp looks pretty good too. It's a tough decision but there's a lot of support for the Ashdown.

I'd say the Ashdown. Altough the Warwick's still pretty good, i use one myself. But the ashdown's better i playd through one in the summer and i was truly amazed. No wonder it's much more expensive. At least it was here, by the time when i was making my decision.
The other thing: i really can't recommend GK. You can set it up anyhow it will always be that same GK sound. It's ok if you aren't looking for any flexibility, but i assume you are. I played 4 shows on different GK's, tried on out at the music shop (neither of them was backline) and all of them sounded the same.
"When i've got the music
I've got a place to go"

Quote by watchingmefall
Goog luck killing everybody at VH1.

Member #37 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!
Quote by FbSa

Now you can't just up and say "Boo Gallien Krueger" like that. Allow a brand its good qualities; GK has a lot to offer. I use their heads (with Fender speakers, yes please) because they give a crystal, edgy interpretation of my Stingray's sound. Great to bring the funk in a rock setting, if you feel me.

Though I definitely won't argue with you on one point - the little experience I've had with Ashdown tells me it's a low-end monster, baby.
Quote by Tranman
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I've decided on the Ashdown.

You wont regret it!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by WhyLater
Now you can't just up and say "Boo Gallien Krueger" like that. Allow a brand its good qualities; GK has a lot to offer. I use their heads (with Fender speakers, yes please) because they give a crystal, edgy interpretation of my Stingray's sound. Great to bring the funk in a rock setting, if you feel me.

Though I definitely won't argue with you on one point - the little experience I've had with Ashdown tells me it's a low-end monster, baby.

From my experience with GK's they produce stunning High and mid responses, so I've got nothing against them. But I love ashdowns way more.

Good choice threadstarter, If this were a joist you just unhorsed your opponet.
excuse me, did you guys read the reviews, in that add for ashdown? the first two i read said their amps failed, very early. i've never played an ashdown, but have heard decent things about them. i have played Ampegs, and frankly, have no use for any other amp. i would research this alot, before deciding.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
excuse me, did you guys read the reviews, in that add for ashdown? the first two i read said their amps failed, very early. i've never played an ashdown, but have heard decent things about them. i have played Ampegs, and frankly, have no use for any other amp. i would research this alot, before deciding.

I just saw that, I've not read many stories at all of Ashdowns breaking down and I did a lot of research on the MAG and ABM series' before I got mine, the only problem I read that happened a bit more frequently was that the light behind the VU meter cut out which is no biggie and I still didn't find many reviews that said that.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Yeah I read those product reviews which is what got me hesitant about the Ashdown in the first place and one of the reasons I started this thread for feedback. I read reviews for the amp on various other online retailers and no one else had any problems with it.