ok so i just changed my stock fender 0.010's to 11's and my bridge went up a lot .
i guess it normal since they're heavier strings now.
so i got 3 questions:
- i think my neck is bent very slightly now, is this my imagination or is it possible ?
- shoud i adjust anything ? (truss rod, intonation etc.)
- should i put extra springs in to get the bridge down, and should i adjust the truss rod afterwards ?

thanks a lot
Last edited by The red Strat. at Nov 17, 2007,
flip the guitar over, try tightening the screws in the trem cavity, and or add a spring to level the bridge.

after you level it, then repost if you feel like ur action has changed in any way.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
http://www.fender.com/support/stratocaster.php
Go here and check to see if you're close to the specs. The set up specs are a starting point and your personal taste will probably differ a little. Any time you change string diameter you want to at least check everything including the intonation. And yep as jj1565 said, be prepaired to tighten the trem screws or add a spring or two, depending on what you're looking for.
R7, SG, Texas Special
EMG modded special addition Fat Strat
BC Rich STIII
Zinky Blue Velvet
MF350
AkaiDPS24MKII
GNX3, PA
other pedals and gear
that fender support thingy isn't very clear...

should i adjust my truss rod now ? and should i if i add a spring or two ?
do NOT attempt to adjust your truss rod unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing. no sense in screwing up your guitar's neck...
I'm just another musician waiting to be famous.

follow my twitter here
Please! listen to my music here
Quote by The red Strat.
that fender support thingy isn't very clear...

should i adjust my truss rod now ? and should i if i add a spring or two ?

no dont touch the rod. just level the bridge, then repost if you have any problems.

the bridge is leveled by adjusting the screws and adding springs in the back cavity.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ok thanks !

(i'm gonna get back here tomorrow if i have any problems, cause it's around 2 AM here now lol)
My bridge did hte exact same thing today, except ive used .11s on it for a year or so :/
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.