i have a behringer V-Tone GMX 212, which i like, but there a problem. I can have the master volume on 10, and the channel volume wont get past 4 or 5 without squealing. its the squealing that happens when a microphone is up too loud. Any ideas why? i can get it louder when using humbuckers without it squealing, but yeah, please help because i dont know what it doesnt like about going loud, youd think that if its meant to go that loud, it'd be able to go that loud.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
That would be feedback...youd need your guitar waaaay far away from your amp to tirn it up that loud...like in a stadium or something...

SO TURN DOWN THAT DEVIL MUSIC YOU CRAZY KIDS!!!!

:P
Well it's a behringer solid state. If your shooting for volume get a better amp. Please get a tube amp.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Welcome to the world of High Gain, High Volume.

It takes fine tweaking of your EQ and gain levels in adition to standing much farther away from your amp.

You can also buy a noise gate to knock it out.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by Riot Act
That would be feedback...youd need your guitar waaaay far away from your amp to tirn it up that loud...like in a stadium or something...

SO TURN DOWN THAT DEVIL MUSIC YOU CRAZY KIDS!!!!

:P

but its not the regular feedback, and i have an 18 foot cable and if its stretched out the whole way, it still happens. IT doesnt do it when the guitar is plugged in, so i dont think its the amp, but its really got me stumped. .Btw i have an ibanez noiseless cable if it might be the cable. and the only reason i had it so loud was because i played it at a party where my band played a gig, and me and the drummer just had an improv jam, so it needed to be damn loud.lol.but its pushing 60 watts through each speaker, so its still getting over the drums at that volume, but still, i want to really crank it.

EDIT: and to ubershall, how would chaning the EQ change the amount of squeal i get? and i repeat its not feeback.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
It's microphonic feedback, which is basically caused by the amplification of tiny vibrations (usually inside a guitar pickup). A change of pickups will almost certainly cure the problem, or alternatively you can wax-pot your pickups to reduce microphonics.
Also make sure there's no loose hardware or anything on your guitar, that can make the problem worse.
or it could just mean...

new amp time!
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
^
i have a behringer V-Tone GMX 212, which i like, but there a problem.
On second thoughts yes, the main problem is that you have a Behringer V-Tone GMX 212.
Microphonic squealing is, if anything, an improvement....
Quote by kyle62
^
On second thoughts yes, the main problem is that you have a Behringer V-Tone GMX 212.
Microphonic squealing is, if anything, an improvement....

have you even used this amp?
Quote by NGD1313
Doubt it's the amp.
I get microphonic feedback (which is NOT pretty) using my Peavey, whereas my bandmate gets it using his JCM900.
I have the stock Ibanez pickups but he has Tone Zone.

It's a damned pain...
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Quote by Paleo Pete
Sounds like the pickup needs to be Potted to me.

ok thanks man.pretty sure thats what it is.
Quote by NGD1313