So my grandparent's are dropping by from Indiana on Thanksgiving and they always give us our presents then. I was wondering what would be a good gift (hopefully guitar related) that is in the price range of 30-$40.
I was thinking maybe a chrome HSS pickguard for my strat.
Any suggestions?
used bad monkey?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
I already have a Digitech RP350 with tons of distortion pedals built into it, so I think I don't need one. And I also recommend no used items, because she'll be buying it in Indiana.
Well, the Bad Monkey would only really be great on a good tube amp anyway. It would be better than the RP350 for what it is for, tho. Since you already have a multieffectspedal, and apparently like it, I'd suggest either strings or the pickguard. Strings are rather lame for a present tho, but having a few sets of spare strings is always a good idea.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I chrome pickgaurd would be pretty sweet.

What about a good cable or two, like a Monster or Planet Waves cable, it has more of an effect on your sound than you'd think.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
what about stuff to just like improve the looks/playing? Strings, knobs, picks, a pick guard. Just some good ol' accessories
Well, since you already have an RP350, you should ask for a more faithful modeling chip. 'Course they probably wouldn't know what that is...

I would say yeah, just some pickguard, a brass nut (awesome sustain), pots, capo, stuff like that.
A case of beer.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
a good leather strap? straplocks? tuner? cables? or yes, you could got scratchpad.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
Quote by jfloyd1879
I was thinking maybe a chrome HSS pickguard for my strat.
I would sh*t if someone gave me that as a gift! I've been looking for a chrome HSS Strat pickguard! All I can find is polished aluminum. Do you have a source for those?
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Not sure, I've seen polished aluminum too. Whats the difference between that and chrome?
brass nut?

would it really improve sustain?how much is it?can i put it on myself??
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by jfloyd1879
Not sure, I've seen polished aluminum too. Whats the difference between that and chrome?
A chrome finish is the result of a metal plating process (electrically deposited metal), and is shiny, like a mirror. Aluminum is not plated, and has a duller appearance. Never seen the polished aluminum pickguard in person, so I don't have any idea how shiny it is. They make a Squire Strat with a chrome HSS pickguard, so I know they exist in Fender's stock. But, I've just never seen one to buy anywhere. On a black HSS Strat, I think chrome pickguards look awesome.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

yeah either a nice pickguard or you could save it, possibly towards a pedal??? I mean its totally your choice man, a cheap case, music books?
Quote by LEVEL4
A chrome finish is the result of a metal plating process (electrically deposited metal), and is shiny, like a mirror. Aluminum is not plated, and has a duller appearance. Never seen the polished aluminum pickguard in person, so I don't have any idea how shiny it is. They make a Squire Strat with a chrome HSS pickguard, so I know they exist in Fender's stock. But, I've just never seen one to buy anywhere. On a black HSS Strat, I think chrome pickguards look awesome.

Polished aluminum looks just as shiny as chrome but it isn't as durable or, easy to clean.
You might find a polished aluminum pickguard getting tons of scratches over time, losing its shine. Chrome's main feature is its protection, which is why it's usually always on tools, it's shine is a bonus.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
and how would one clean/polish chrome? my chrome tuners are kinda cloudy with fingerprints/oil/dirt that accumulated over time.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
and how would one clean/polish chrome? my chrome tuners are kinda cloudy with fingerprints/oil/dirt that accumulated over time.

Rubbing alcohol, windex, bathroom surface cleaner. Jewelry cleaning cloths work great, you don't even need a solvent.

Just be careful with it. Hosing down your guitar with that stuff would probably eat the finish or laquer job.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
ooh thanks you. i'll keep any cleaners away from the finish for sure.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008