I'm thinking about buying a new guitar and so i was looking around and i looked at the epiphone section of the website(which the link wil come in a minute). So i looked at this and thought to myself that it was a pretty good deal. But just i case i thought i would ask on UG first. So what do ya think???

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar-Players-Pack?sku=518745

EDIT: By the way I currently have a walmart guitar that has served me well over the past few months but still i think i should probably get an upgrade
Last edited by iron_maiden97 at Nov 17, 2007,
what is your price ranges.
and what is your setup because that is only a good pack for like a total newbie
if you already have a guitar upgrade your amp to something worth while.
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Those Epi Specials are crap. That amp is obviously crap. How much can you spend? And what amp do you have? Most sensible people, including me, will tell you that the amp is much more important than the guitar as far as sound goes.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
How much money are you willing to spend because that will determine what we suggest to you.
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
I don't recommend it. save your money for the next model up
Epiphone G-310 or G-400
I plays guitars.
For $300 you could get a low end Ibanez. It would be a much better guitar... but once again, we need to know what amp you have.
I have an Epiphone SG G-400, which I like, but it is a little "top heavy". I mean, if I am holding it and let go of the neck, it tips over.

That's something to think about.

This might be an obvious question, but have you gone to a guitar store and played around with it? If you try it out and like the guitar, it doesn't matter what other people think of it.
for $300 u could get an epi g-400 i got one and love it
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by iron_maiden97
Sorry didnt see the amp thing. It came in a packaged deal so its a walmart amp aswell

Yeah, DEFINITELY grab a new amp. It will improve your sound 120389472309847123 x better than a new guitar will. Cheap Wal-Mart guitar + amazing amp > amazing guitar + cheap Wal-Mart amp.

For $300 you can get this. I've played through it and it is an incredible amp for the price. I'm looking into getting a higher watt version for myself.
Quote by mafropetee
Yeah, DEFINITELY grab a new amp. It will improve your sound 120389472309847123 x better than a new guitar will. Cheap Wal-Mart guitar + amazing amp > amazing guitar + cheap Wal-Mart amp.

For $300 you can get this. I've played through it and it is an incredible amp for the price. I'm looking into getting a higher watt version for myself.

+1

Yeah, a G-400 is Nice (dont let the neck dive storys scare you, i own an SG and i havent ever had it fall) but Go for a New amp for sure. I have a Gibson SG with a Seymour Duncan Custom 5, but i have to use a bunch of pedals cuz im playin through a MG and its Horrid. NEW AMP FTW
I hate to say it, but get a spider. Spider 3! Not two or one, but try it out. I think your inexperienced ear will like it.