well none of my guitars have a floyd rose, but i enjoy playing with them. i was thinking about buying the floyde rose discovery series guitar with an origional floyd rose for 200 bucks, but im not really sure if i should spend the money. do you guys think its worth 200 bucks for the floyd rose guitar, because i probobly wouldnt play much on it cause i have better guitars, just for the occasional fun floyd stuff.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by piginacanoe212
get a freaking gibson robot guitar!
it tunes itself

Tuneomatics dont divebomb -_-

Yeah, $200 isnt much in the scheme of things, thats £100 in the UK, thats 4 saturdays wages for me, and cos i work at a guitar store, i get a discount

Yeah, even if its just to piss about on, totally worth it, especillay cos its an OFR too = Qaulity!

Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.
depends on what type of music you play... 90% of what i play is van halen (or van halen style) so its a must for me, and especially since its an OFR becuz theyre quality compared to "licensed under" FR's like the other dude said

id get it
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

...yeeup
Last edited by oh poe poe at Nov 17, 2007,
I've played them. Terrible quality... and I don't think the Floyd is even a real OFR. I heard they have some cheaper, crappier ones produced somewhere and slap them on their cheap, crappy guitars. It's about $170 to buy an OFR by itself. 200 - 170 = 30. An otherwise $30 guitar? You get what you pay for most of the time, and $30 is just about the lowest level of crap you can get. Save up about another $200 and buy an Ibanez RG350. It's got an Edge III, which isn't so hot but it's not terrible, but it would still be a much better guitar overall.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
I've played them. Terrible quality... and I don't think the Floyd is even a real OFR. I heard they have some cheaper, crappier ones produced somewhere and slap them on their cheap, crappy guitars. It's about $170 to buy an OFR by itself. 200 - 170 = 30. An otherwise $30 guitar? You get what you pay for most of the time, and $30 is just about the lowest level of crap you can get. Save up about another $200 and buy an Ibanez RG350. It's got an Edge III, which isn't so hot but it's not terrible, but it would still be a much better guitar overall.

Yeah, I believe that the so-called OFRs on those guitars are made by a no-name factory in China, whereas the ones that cost $170 by themselves are made in Germany by Schaller or someone like that. It's pretty clear which ones will have better quality controls.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
you could always buy and install a floyd on a pre-existing guitar of yours. floyd rose tremolos are really worth it although i like kahlers better.
Quote by piginacanoe212
get a freaking gibson robot guitar!
it tunes itself

Haha, noobs
Quote by rocker931
Haha, noobs

+1

if ya wanna get a floyd just for the hell of it,, even cheap models might be good for you
why spend more?