Well I picked up guitar about 6 months ago, and for those 6 months I was signed up to a guitar learning website. It was really helpful and helped make things easy and followed a structured plan. My subscription ran out last week and I got to the point where I was just beginning to get into music theory/scales etc.

Right now I'm just ****ing around on my guitar, trying to learn a few songs, playing whatever, trying some exercises from guitar mags and off the internet.
But i'm not sure how to progress from here. Should I just keep learning songs for now and enjoying it? Is it too early for me to get into music theory and scales and all that jizz?

How to I progress from here?
first off, its never too early to learn theory. trust me on that one. Second, there are plenty of free websites out there that can help you with theory (off the top of my head I can think off cyberfret.com), but if they dont cut it for you go back to the site you were using. If it works, dont fix it, or however that saying goes.
Not too early. And don't rely on tabs.
When you start going into theory, check out Marty Friedman - Melodic Control (video), really interesting way of playing (You can't really go wrong), and is very think-intensive, will build up knowledge.
Who reads sigs anyway
for sure find a jamming buddy, that makes all the difference (hopefully theyre better than u lol).

I dont know your taste in music, but for me....when I stated playing i loved bodom/sinergy etc...so I had a long way to go.

if you enjoy music that is difficult, then youll always have something to work towards, but if you love green day...then youre screwed lol