i was wondering if anybody could help me out what is a good way to set the eq for some good metal slap tones?
"im not going to call somebody a dwarf unless they have direct possesion of a battle-axe."

"curiosity killed your mom!"
so am i completely scooping them out? im a guitar player our bass player has got this huge amp so and he was just wondering.
"im not going to call somebody a dwarf unless they have direct possesion of a battle-axe."

"curiosity killed your mom!"
Deliriumbassist, I hope you're just recommending him to cut his mids out of spite for listening to numetal and naming himself "MeTaLhead90."

I mean, we don't want him to be buried in the mix, after all!
Quote by Charlatan_001
Deliriumbassist, I hope you're just recommending him to cut his mids out of spite for listening to numetal and naming himself "MeTaLhead90."

I mean, we don't want him to be buried in the mix, after all!

Hell no, I do like those numetal stuffs, in spite of it's (unearned) "bad" reputation But general rule of thumb with nu-metal is kill the mids.

I'm not a massive midrange fan, but I still cut through the mix with my band. It's not always what frequencies you use, but what you play.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Hell no, I do like those numetal stuffs, in spite of it's (unearned) "bad" reputation But general rule of thumb with nu-metal is kill the mids.

I'm not a massive midrange fan, but I still cut through the mix with my band. It's not always what frequencies you use, but what you play.

This is true. From my experience, I could only hear my popping if I scoop the mids and play in more of a "nu-metal" situation.

Then again, that was when I had a smaller combo amp and listened to nu-metal. I should try it with my bigger rig now