I was just wondering, whats the difference between the Gibson Les Paul Studio and Custom and Standard?
^^^^True words of wisdom spoken from a genius

Gear:
Stagg Flying V
Roland Microcube
Some **** acoustic
And some random Fender straP. With a P, not T
The difference is mainly in cosmetics. The Studio is the least fancy.
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
wood, pick ups, the customs are hand made etc.
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
The Studio doesn't have body binding. That's the only difference I can think of right off the top of my head though.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Well, theyre heavy as **** to begin with.

IMO, Lookswise, its:
1. Custom
2. Standard
3. Studio

Tonewise:
1. Studio
2. Standard
3. Custom (havent played one)

But then again I am biased :P
Quote by Riot Act
Well, theyre heavy as **** to begin with.

IMO, Lookswise, its:
1. Custom
2. Standard
3. Studio

Tonewise:
1. Studio
2. Standard
3. Custom (havent played one)

But then again I am biased :P

I wouldn't really agree with your choices for 'tonewise'
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by johnny_tapia

+1
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by johnny_tapia

Why?

Gear:
Stagg Flying V
Roland Microcube
Some **** acoustic
Quote by Zhuey
Why?

Well I was under the impression that the Studio was the 'lowest quality' so should be at the bottom of your list
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
So what's better, Standard or Custom?

Gear:
Stagg Flying V
Roland Microcube
Some **** acoustic
Quote by Zhuey

I would have thought Custom, but I don't really know
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Studio - Looks are about as plain as Anne Robinson, the pickups are the basic set (490r/498t)
Standard - prettier, Burstbucker pickups as opposed to the bog-standard ones on the studios
Custom - F'cking god-like in looks, 57 classic pickups (which I think are the most high-up of gibsons's lil range, and tbh for that price they'd Better sodding be)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
The difference is that the studio has no binding, does not have a flamed top like the other two, and has different pickups. Custom is obviously handmade. Standard has i better sound in my opinion, because of the burstbuckers. If u play metal u might like the studio, because the pickups have a brighter sound. The burstbuckers have a muddier, fatter sound, better suited for blues/rock. But thats just my opinion, u gotta go to guitar center and try them out, although i dont think they let u try out the custom.
Quote by InsantKarma94
The difference is that the studio has no binding, does not have a flamed top like the other two, and has different pickups. Custom is obviously handmade. Standard has i better sound in my opinion, because of the burstbuckers. If u play metal u might like the studio, because the pickups have a brighter sound. The burstbuckers have a muddier, fatter sound, better suited for blues/rock. But thats just my opinion, u gotta go to guitar center and try them out, although i dont think they let u try out the custom.

They will. They better, I know I wouldnt buy a guitar without playin it.
They do, It was funny because i actually did not too long ago. I was like "Please grab me a Custom off the wall bro." He goes "I'll get you plugged in, in 1 sec." I respond "Am I going to a get a different les paul sound?" He laughed and said alright, just ask if ya ened anything. I plugged in about 5 min later.
Les Paul Customs and Custom Shop Les Pauls aren't the same thing.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I no that, i just wasnt sure if they let u try it out just for fun, obviously if ur gonna buy it then yea, but cool i didnt no that.
Quote by Zhuey

Well you could say that a custom is "better" but you gotta take into account factors such as price, colors offered, pickups, and the fact that u might not wanna take a custom to a gig for fear of it being stolen.

Im getting a standard this friday. Woot!!!
Quote by johnny_tapia
Well I was under the impression that the Studio was the 'lowest quality' so should be at the bottom of your list

Studio is just the standard but they don't make it to look amazingly good...that's why it's STUDIO. You play it in the STUDIO...ha
Quote by TSelman
Studio is just the standard but they don't make it to look amazingly good...that's why it's STUDIO. You play it in the STUDIO...ha

Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
The Custom has an ebony fretboard, too making it a brighter tone. Mids are much more pronounced with the Custom, but in all honesty - doesnt really justify the 3000+ price tag.
I got my 87 Custom off eBay for 1500 shipped )
Studios are made from offcuts of lower grade wood than the woods used for the Standards, Classics and Customs. They are, for all intents and purposes, made of hacked-up plywood. The pickups are also lower quality. It doesn't take a genius to see that the Studio should never be touched. Even just an Epiphone Standard has a higher quality body, top and neck than the Gibson Studio has.
What about the specials? I've been looking at a Gibson Les Paul Special singlecut with a Lindy Fralin humbucker in the neck position and a Seymour Duncan in the bridge...

It's used, but there's almost no tear...