I wanted to buy Standard Mexican Stratocaster and then I saw this beauty on the Fender's site.
It has Seymour Duncan Humbucker, it should be good right?
What do you think about this guitar?
Attachments:
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster.jpg
Last edited by Uncle Gibson at Nov 17, 2007,
i played this thing today, awesome guitar over all. the Seymour Duncan is freaking awesome, i actually compared it to an american standard humbucker and it was as good, if not better. however, i personally did not like the single coils. they were ...too twangy? umm too something... a little too bright i guess. the neck on ti is rly awesome, great action, and i usually hate rosewood. if your looking for an upgrade from the standard MIM. this things kicks butt. i recommend it, if you like the single coils.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Well, acually I am more a fan of humbuckers, that's why I look for a Stratocaster with HSS pickups, but I like the versatillity of the Fender guitars and single coils too.
So this guitar is better than a Standard Mexican Fat Strat, right?
And this is Mexican too, right?
yea its MIM, yea the humbucker on this thing is awesome. and the single coils sound pretty full. i think what it is, is that all of the pups are hotter than usual. so the single coils are brighter. but they sound awesome distorted. try out the deluxe player's strat, its got noise canceling and they sound a bit fuller than normal single coils and they have an HSS
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
wait on i think one sec

scratch that....the lonestart strat IS the deluxe player's strat version of the HSS, my bad
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Well yes, I searched the deluxe players strat with humbucker, but there was none. It seems that this is the one.
One last question and i won't trouble you anymore.
It is very odd, but it seems to me that there is no American match to this guitar, or it has some other name?
hmm there isnt a lonestar american, but there is the standard HSS american, which has texmex pickups and a diamondback humbucker, its pretty sweet. then there is the highway one, and its pups are hotter and darker than normal strats. it ends up having a lot darker tones, much closer to the humbucker sound ur used too, and it has a HSS model.

and yea, idk if u saw my previosu post, but yea your right, there isnt a HSS deluxe players.

the reason they have a lonestar MIM but not MIA is that i think fender tries to provide a lot of variety in their lower ranges to suit a bunch of different people, and they kno that the people who buy americans are more willing to swap out pups to get wat they want sound-wise.
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I went to shop to take a look and it sounds freakin' awesome. I'm going to buy it these days, but I can't decide which color I should take.
So please tell me what you think which one looks better?
This one:
Attachments:
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster (black).jpg
Last edited by Uncle Gibson at Nov 18, 2007,
I bought a "Hot-Rodded American Fat Strat Texas Special" in 2001 because I needed to play a wide variety of music on one guitar. So I needed the humbucker in there. It's a Duncan "Pearly Gates" model. Mellow is not the right word for it. More like raunchy. But I can knock the edges off it by rolling off the highs. The single coils are especially twangy as well. At some point I'll spring for a modern American Stratocaster, but I have about five other guitars I want to get first. Doesn't everybody?
Quote by soggycrow
I bought a "Hot-Rodded American Fat Strat Texas Special" in 2001 because I needed to play a wide variety of music on one guitar. So I needed the humbucker in there. It's a Duncan "Pearly Gates" model. Mellow is not the right word for it. More like raunchy. But I can knock the edges off it by rolling off the highs. The single coils are especially twangy as well. At some point I'll spring for a modern American Stratocaster, but I have about five other guitars I want to get first. Doesn't everybody?

How much you paid for it?
Last edited by Uncle Gibson at Nov 20, 2007,