I just thought that any bass players out there looking t get guitar hero 3 should know they will be sorely disappointed if they were expecting a little more presence this rendition. In fact....the bass is much WORSE in GH3 than it was in 2 or the original. The mixing was destroyed to the point that the bass "solo" in Evenflow which on the real track is very prominent, is almost nonexistant in GH3, even when I was playing the bass part which is supposed to boost bass levels.

The bass on Kool Thing by Sonic Youth, which is normally at least audible, was mixed to the point where you can't hear it at all.
My friend was in the midst of the feedback part of the song, which is extremely quiet guitar, while I was still playing full notes, and I couldn't hear myself at all. Not at all...like I wasn't even there. I'm not asking for you to make every song a bass masterpiece, but when you've mixed a song to the point where the bass player could drop dead at any second and you wouldn't know the difference, you've just failed on an epic level.

To be fair, a couple songs on the game have decent bass, almost as if they were slected simply to appease us with 4 songs while guitarists rip through the other 60 something. Slowride, Miss Murder, Knights of Cydonia, and Bulls on Parade have pretty greta bass, every other song just kinda fails. I just wanted to say something about this disappointment, and let other people know too.
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
To be honest I haven't played Reptillia yet because I can't do the co-op career mode. Which reminds me...Suck My Kiss has okay bass too.
u can hear the bass perfect on 3s and 7s by QOTSA. u cant really hear the guitar solos at all.
Quote by xVandals
u can hear the bass perfect on 3s and 7s by QOTSA. u cant really hear the guitar solos at all.

3's and 7's has okay abss. The original track's bass is much more prominent, it got nerfed on GH3. And I hope you are kidding about not being able to hear the solos.
Um... Number of the Beast anyone? Although they could have chosen a better Maiden song...
Quote by ele1122
Um... Number of the Beast anyone? Although they could have chosen a better Maiden song...

Although the bass is decent here, this song is abhorrent in general. Even the concept behind it is rediculous.
I played it in Walmart, the song was School's Out by Alice Cooper.

I could hear the bass a heck of a lot more than the guitar line I was playing, but it might've been the really, really nice flat screen and sound system they had it hooked up to though.
At least the discussion is about the basslines. I agree, that the bass is hard to hear in some songs but I think it stands out nicely in The Seeker.