Well, I am on vacation in LA, And I just got back from Bourbon Street in New Orleans and I watched a ton of Blues musicians. I got really motivated to learn and am quite interested in progressing my playing even further. Normally I played metal and rock, Some of the songs I play are, Wrathchild, Harvester of Sorrows, Creeping death, Am I Evil? and Seek and Destroy. Purely rhythm though, As I can not improvise very well.

So, I am interested in getting better, Learning to play some Blues/Jazz guitar, As I hear that is the best way to learn Feel. And to learn to Improvise solos.

My questions to you is, What techniques should I master? What songs should I learn? Is there any specific theory or scales I should learn? Any specific Exorcises I should practice? Please let me know, As I am motivated into learning to better myself. I have been playing about 2 years and I feel I am very behind in my learning.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate all the help I will get.
Quote by Leybick

you're going to try and tell me girls don't piss out of their asses?

Gear:
Agile AL-3100 Gold-top Les Paul
Vox Valvtronix 15 watt
blues scales and pentatonics. then your improv will improve really well. but you should be able to learn to play along these wothout thinking.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
Hmmm, Which scales are considered blues scales? And how do I play a pentatonic scale in... say the key of A or G?

And where should I start on learning theory? it looks like japanese to me, I read things that require previous theory knowledge. So, Where should I start?

Thanks again
Quote by Leybick

you're going to try and tell me girls don't piss out of their asses?

Gear:
Agile AL-3100 Gold-top Les Paul
Vox Valvtronix 15 watt