there are two modes you can choose by a knob, overdrive and distortion. you can place the knob in the middle if you want to make both of them sound to produce a unique sound. what i wanted to know is whats the different between overdrive and distortion, i was under the impression that they were one in the same.
distortion changes the clean into a chuncky, dirty sound
and overdrive increases gain so its louder
something like that...im not very sure
Overdrive is an organic sound designed to simulate the power section of a valve amp at very high volume. Distortion is a lot more simple - it simply distorts the sound by clipping the waveform. I 'spose you could say it simulates the sound of a ripped speaker cone (an early form of distortion used by artists such as Bo Diddley and The Kinks).

Distortion suits heavy styles, but overdrive is much more 'musical' and natural sounding.
Can you mix OD and Distortion at all? Or will it sound like crap?
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Yeah. That's why I'm buying all this stuff. I just wanted to know from you guys first before I try it and it gives me feedback instead
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Quote by Links 2 3 4
Can you mix OD and Distortion at all? Or will it sound like crap?

i done it. i put the knob half way (od on the left, dst on the right, i put the needle in the middle) it sounded fairly good. just some static in the amp, but thats normal.
mixing the two is good for certain songs while making other songs like crap.