How does it hold up for metal/metalcore? i already have emgs on my hellraiser so that should help with the gain. also, how does it compare with the spider III which i have now...i know it sucks...you dont have to comment on that, just stay on topic. otherwise, would the valvetronix xl be better? anyone tried it? from the clips i've seen the numetal channel on the regular vt sounds pretty tight.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
The Nu-Metal and High-Gain settings on the regular VT are great, the clean channel also allows for a large amount of distortion, and I'm pretty damn happy with it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
I'm with that guy.

For numetal type stuff, you don't need a lot of treble, but that is my only complaint with my VT...
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
They are better than the Spider, but it's still a very small step up. I think you should save for a good tube amp rather than wasting money on something you're going to want to upgrade again in the not too distant future.
Quote by which ones pink
They are better than the Spider, but it's still a very small step up. I think you should save for a good tube amp rather than wasting money on something you're going to want to upgrade again in the not too distant future.

+1 most definitely.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
generally speaking, vox for classic rock, blues, and some hard rock. and the cube for higher gain applications. screw the behringer.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Check out the new Vox VT
(called the XL I believe).
It's more high gain orientented.
The XL is great. I play Indie type stuff mostly, but still enjoy rocking out. It suits clean, dirty and off-its-face-high-gain.

The high gain channels are considerably louder than the clean ones. Your neighbors won't like it one little bit
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
ive got the voxad50vt - its a VERY versatile amp you can play every style on it!!!
but i wouldnt recommend it for metal - its not that you cant play metal on it, but it doesnt sound too good....i bought a procorat and with this little item real metal was possible!!!

but if you really enjoy metal i would save up and buy an Engl screamer or fireball
thats what i did and i like my fireball so much!!!
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...