Hey guys, I've had my Les Paul Studio for awhile and I love it, but I want another electric with singe coils for a completely different sound than what I have. I was looking at Teles and a couple I tried sounded really good to me. I play blues, rock n roll, metal, and expiremental stuff (lots of delay, flange, wah, etc.). My price range is about 1000 but I could push it a little if need be. I usually run through my studio, but my amp is a Fender Princeton 650...any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks.
maybe a PRS with soapbar pups? that would definetely be some fine quality.

actually, Gibson make the 'double cut' that has soapbar pups that's under a grand. around 800 I think. that would probably sound great.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
A fender Strat would be a good choice, and they can do rock and take effects pretty well. Just the metal part id be worried about. Strats can go from thin and trebly to rich, creamy blues, to some decent rock distortion using 2 pickups.
Im compelled to say fender when i think of the opposite of gibson, and that would definitely be true, however PRS makes amazingly good guitars if you can get one.

If you do want to go the fender route, then you wont be dispointed. I think reissue mustangs are going for about 700 where jazzmasters and jaguars are about 1200ish. All great guitars.
Yeah, Ill still use my LP for metal and anything else really heavy...

Which Strat? I tried two and they didnt suite me very well (they were bot American standards i think...one was...naked-or whatever its called, the other was sunburst)
A strat with all 3 single coils?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
A strat with all 3 single coils?

Mmm, like I said, hey didnt suite me very well, but maybe I was playin the wrong ones.
I did like the Teles though.
teles are awesome guitars and definitely have that twangy contrast to the les paul... and im sure its the one that would "feel" closest to your les paul with the biggest tonal difference... because a soap bar prs is not going to sound that different, itll be nice, but not different
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
^in my opinion that would be the american deluxe... it has all the cool switching and that cherry sunburst.... but otherwise the standard american is fine on its own...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158