I'mlooking for new tube for my crate vintage club 20.. Which on is better??? A groove tube St-12ax7C or a Tung Sul 12ax7 (current production)...The guy at guitar center said that there are the same thing but different names.. is that true???
i believe groove tubes are rebranded. so it'd be safer to get the tungsol's to make sure you get the real thing.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
oh ok. well its kinda to late for me.. i bought two of thoughs groove tubes but haven't installed them just yet.. But are they really just same product. different name???
I've never tried the Groove Tubes, but the Tung-Sol are my favorite.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
man i heard so much about tung sol 12ax7 what is the sound like with the tung sols???
As I have read the groove tubes are the same tubes just more expensive because they say groove tube. Its all about advertising. Zakk wylde uses em so they gotta be better right? Considering vacuum tubes havent been made in this country in a really really long time where do you think groove tube gets theirs. They would have to be rebranded. The russians were still using tubes in their military stuff up into the 90s. So they might know a few things about em. Would avoid the chinese ones havent heard anything good about them.
yes. probably.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
groove tubes are rebranded. sometimes they are tung sul, sometimes they are other things. you never know what your getting with groove tubes.
Groove tube preamp tubes are rebranded but they make their own power tubes.
what are the difference between the tungsol 12ax7 and the groove tube st-12ax7c then??????
I would check out JJs as well. Erock made me a believer in those.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
There are no plants that make vacuum tubes in this country. All tubes are made in russia or china. There are some tubes that are left over on shelves form the old days that were made here. GE, sylvania and such. But unless groove tube has built a factory somewhere and come up with the ancient machinery to make tubes they get em from other places. As I understand they buy them and just paint groove tube on em. Advertising costs money. And they just pass that cost on in higher tube prices. The model numbers used can be misleading. A 12AX7 is not called that in europe. And there are military tubes they will have different numbers. The electro harmonix are supposed to be good tubes.