Ok guys, I had a thread a couple days back asking if I should upgrade my current MIM Strat and get an American standard and the consensus seemed to be to go ahead and get the American (thanks!). Well, looking for deals and whatnot on different sites, I came across the American Deluxe which has some very nice pickups in it and is $250 more than the American standard. My question is; Is this American Deluxe worth the extra money or will the standard suffice? Also, I am still having second thoughts about getting a new guitar at all. I almost feel like going out and buying myself a $1,000+ guitar is a little too much (even though it fits in my budget) because sometimes I feel like such an expensive guitar doesnt really match my skill level. Has anybody felt the same way?
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by SoccerRM1
Also, I am still having second thoughts about getting a new guitar at all. I almost feel like going out and buying myself a $1,000+ guitar is a little too much (even though it fits in my budget) because sometimes I feel like such an expensive guitar doesnt really match my skill level. Has anybody felt the same way?

ok, cant help much with the deluxe vs standard dilemma, cause im dealing with that now. but yea i kno exactly what you mean about what i quoted.

ok ask yourself these questions. do you plan to continue playing guitar? do you want a high quality instrument that you can still be playing many years for now? does a strat match what you want in a guitar?

if you answered yes to all of these, then go for it. if you dont "match" your guitar, you will move into it. get the guitar that makes you the happiest when you play it.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by SoccerRM1
man, i feel like an idiot, I just made a post just like yours.. is the american deluxe worth the extra $250?

yea i just posted this on ym thread, but here it is again lol woot!

lol dont dude, your good. i just answered yours. but yea, the drift im getting is that the deluxe has a few more gadgets and niceties that you have to determine if they will be useful to you, if not, then save yourself some money!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
lol you're right.. maybe im just overthinking this and should just go out and get a kick-ass guitar.
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by SoccerRM1
lol you're right.. maybe im just overthinking this and should just go out and get a kick-ass guitar.

lol yea, my thinking on it is this, im getting a guitar that i wont need to replace. i dont plan on ever being in like a big time band sorta thing, if im in a band it will just be for fun. so i wont be buying a bunch of guitars. therefore, ill settle down with one rly nice one, and then maybe later throw something like EMGs into my squier
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
haha EMG's in a squier for the win.
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe